Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
The_Bookworm
The_Bookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Update to PRS-PLUS

Hi.

I'm uselessly trying to update my prs-600 to get a trial with the PRS-PLUS, but I'm unable to do it.

I follow the instructions in the readme file, as following:

Quote:
This is a "base image" that allows to run PRS+ images, without actually flashing tham. (essentially eliminates bricking risk for beta testers).
To install it:

1) Vista/Win7 users: disable UAC (read here how to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-command-line/ )
2) Connect your PRS 600 to your PC
3) run runme.bat
4) Sony's standard flasher UI will show up (that's why you need to disable UAC, this installer modifies Sony's, to install custom image)
5) Follow instructions on the screen.

It will install firmware that differs from the original firmware in two important points:

a) additional fonts (cyrillic, georgian and greek alphabets were added to the fonts, don't worry, they are pretty small)
b) it allows to run PRSPInstaller / mount PRS+ on the fly.
The step 5 doesn't show any instructions on the screen.
Anybody can help me?
The_Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Sorry not sure as didn't do things this way but you may get faster (and more definitive) response in "Sony Reader Dev Corner" above...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert