Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
walt526
Edge User

Aplia

Just wondering, does anyone else here use Aplia (www.aplia.com) for any of their courses?

When I TAed Intermediate Micro last summer the instructor used it for problem sets and I really liked the interface. Unfortunately, it's almost entirely a collection of Flash modules, so it will not run on the eDGe until we get an upgrade to Android 2.2. When I start teaching, it's probably something that I'd consider using. Has anyone else have any experience with it, either as an instructor or student?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
lisa031825
Edge User

I also used Aplia as a TA for Principles courses. I am going to be using Aplia this fall for my own Principles course and a Corporate Finance course. It's really easy to set up as the instructor. They also have these great experiments for economics that the students get to be buyers and sellers in a market and then you can mess up the market with price ceiling and other things. I've participated in these types of experiments and I really think my students are going to love it. I'll keep you posted.

I haven't tried to access Aplia on my edge but I don't doubt that the Android upgrade is necessary.

Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
lisa031825
Edge User

So here is my first update on using Aplia. I have confirmed that you cannot access Aplia on the EE. So far the students have found it easy to use and I love the analytics. I am able to see the stats for a homework and for individual questions so I can see aht types of questions the whole class is struggling with and spend more time on those things.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
lisa031825
Edge User

Just another Aplia update...
So we're about half way through the semester. I have two classes using Aplia. Students in both classes have commented that they really like the quick feedback and find Aplia easy to use. I'm looking forward to the day I can manage my Aplia courses on the EE.