Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Slocum, Joshua: Sailing alone around the world (Illustrated). v2. 23 Mar 2011

Captain Joshua Slocum (1844-1909)
Sailing alone around the world (1899)

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Joshua Slocum was a Canadian-American seaman and adventurer, a noted writer, and the first man to sail single-handedly around the world. In 1900 he told the story of this in Sailing Alone Around the World. He disappeared in November 1909 while aboard his boat, the Spray.
Based on PG eBook #6317, with images, TOC and Table of Figures.
Contains some advanced (for me) formatting, works Ok in my Sony PRS-505.
Enjoy

EDIT - March 23, 2011
Uploaded version 2 with corrections (Thanks AlexBell!!!)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Slocum Captain_SAILING ALONE AROUND THE WORLD.epub (3.94 MB, 700 views)

Last edited by Pablo; 03-23-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you. This looks extremely interesting.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you. This looks extremely interesting.
Yes, I found about this book while reading "Em Busca Do Sonho" ("In search of a dream", in portuguese) by Heloisa Schurmann, another interesting book.
In PG there's a previous book by Slocum, "Voyage of the Liberdade", that is also worth a look.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:51 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thank you for preparing and uploading this book. I first read it as a child, perhaps 60 years ago, and am enjoying it immensely.

I also appreciate the fine work you have done in preparing the book and its illustrations. When I get the time I'm going to open up the ePub and see what I can learn from it.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Pablo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thank you for preparing and uploading this book. I first read it as a child, perhaps 60 years ago, and am enjoying it immensely.

I also appreciate the fine work you have done in preparing the book and its illustrations. When I get the time I'm going to open up the ePub and see what I can learn from it.

Regards, Alex
You're welcome!!! I'm glad you liked it.
If you look inside the book you will see a couple of tricks, all of them learnt from the masters here at MR.
I haven't found the time to read it myself yet, if you find any typos please let me know.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Pablo
Guru

Uploaded version 2 with corrections. Thanks AlexBell for your help!!!