Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
Blue_Alien
Blue_Alien began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Split pdf pages down the middle

I have an e-textbook that I would like to put on my nook. It is in pdf format but there are two textbook pages per pdf page. Is there any way to have Calibre split all of them down the middle and double the number of pdf pages?
Blue_Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi Blue_Alien. Welcome to the forum.

You might like to try the free open source utility PDFMerge.

I had a a similar 'facing-pages' PDF that I wanted to extract a few pages out of. PDFMerge extracted the few pages I wanted but joy-of-joys it also unexpectedly converted the extracted PDF to standard 'single-page' format at the same time. It also retained all my bookmarks. So I was doubly happy. I don't know whether it works for all PDFs but it's worked on all the ones I've tried.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
Blue_Alien
Blue_Alien began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for my pdf. I get the error, cannot handle iref stream.
Blue_Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm afraid I don't know enough about the inner workings of PDF to offer any other help. Sorry.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote