Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
elliej
elliej began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Load sony book to kobo?

My sister has a sony touch and has bought several books.
She can have 6 readers on her account. Can I add my kobo?
elliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Welcome. I don't see why not, since the Kobo reads epubs & pdfs.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
If you are talking about books bought from Sony, the answer is still yes but I do not believe you will get the Sony software to recognize the Kobo. What others here have told me is that you need to get the Adobe Digital Editions software and connect your Kobo to that. Both Kobo and Sony use the same DRM, so it should still work.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillette.rm View Post
If you are talking about books bought from Sony, the answer is still yes but I do not believe you will get the Sony software to recognize the Kobo. What others here have told me is that you need to get the Adobe Digital Editions software and connect your Kobo to that. Both Kobo and Sony use the same DRM, so it should still work.
You need to purchase from Sony using their Reader software, then load it into ADE.

Once in ADE, you can load it into Kobo Reader or any other ADE authorized ebook reader.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
or break the drm, and use Calibre...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Sony uses your email address to set up your account with their reader software. That is "hooked" into the ADE ID they establish as part of the process. My experience has been that if you have ADE on your desk with the activation/registration of your choice, the Sony store has a hissy and will not allow you to purchase a book. I don't know what happens if your Email address registered with SONY store and your ADE address are the same.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote