Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Best Output for Kindle 2

I have been having a problem with my new Kindle 2 where if I use the left hand Next Page button it automatically starts up the search feature at the bottom of the screen and types in "5ealm" minus the ". It then searches through the book and leaps me pages and pages ahead. Sometimes it just types those letters over and over over in one big long line.

I have spoken to Amzaon twice and they are stumped and are suggesting that my converting my ebooks to mobi may be a factor.

They are telling me to use AZW format, but this is not supported by Calibre from what I can see.

Is there a better option than MOBI for the K2 or is Amazon unfairly deflecting blame on the Calibre MOBI format for something they can't work out.

Brewjono.

FOLLOWUP 30/01/2010

Contacted CS for a third time and they have agreed to replace the item.

Where they came unstuck with the format was I did a full factory reset which removed all my books. The only one left was the Kindle Guide thing that comes with it.

Even with nothing on it it still did the 5ealm search.

It has also gotten progessively worse with at first happening once or twice a day to now every 5-10 minutes.

Last edited by brewjono; 01-29-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Item to be Replaced
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Maybe it is a poltergeist?

I have had not a single issue with Calibre formatted mobi files since day one that the K2 was released.
At worse case you can get amazon to convert the mobi file for you. Just email it to [yourkindleusername]@free.kindle.com
This will take your mobil file, send it to Amazon, they will convert it, and email it back to you... and then you can send it to your Kindle and see what happens...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
AZW and MOBI are exactly the same format, with a different file extension.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
That means that your Kindle is haunted
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
We have a first reported case of e-poltergeist
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
5ealm, auto search, broken next page