Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
How do I convert my A4 HTML books to A5 PDF?

Hi.

I've been having trouble with converting the files I have from proper viewing on my Iliad. Since zooming is not working in the PDF viewer yet and the HTML viewer doesn't provide page numbers, I need to make them about A5 format with a still readable font size.

Consider me stupid and help me out...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
First, Congrats, ComanderROR,

Guessing here -- can you print the HTML into PDF with the page size set to the iLiad's screen size and no margins?

As a side note, any word as to the mAh capacity of the battery?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
You mentioned, that u used Adobe Acrobat Pro?
Then do the following:
File -> Create PDF -> From Webpage (or from File, or from multiple files)
Choose webpage (or files)
Edit Settings: Page Layout: choose A5
OK and Create.

Thats it.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
As a side note, any word as to the mAh capacity of the battery?
Yap, 1100 mAh.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1100mAh! wow. That ought to run our USB LED lamp for something like 36 hours & 20 minutes ... if you don't turn pages, of course.

... say, Tribble ... where'd you get that number? Has yours arrived too, you sneaky rascal?
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
... say, Tribble ... where'd you get that number? Has yours arrived too, you sneaky rascal?
No, but i asked iRex and thats what they told me

*wishes to be a sneaky rascal*
Old 07-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
*wishes to be a sneaky rascal*
Don't we all, don't we all.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

@tribble

unfortunately i can't accesss setting...Acrobat help tells me to access those as well, but they're greyed out...strange...i'll keep trying
Old 07-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac

btw, i have another solution for you CommanderROR.

Using Firefox:
Extras -> Options -> Content -> Fonts & Colors -> Settings
There you can set a minimum Fontsize, which will be used for Print aswell.

Then use Acrobat Printer to print to A5 size paper.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I'll try that..thanks
Old 07-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #11
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
Just set up a PDF printer using PDFCreator under Windows or CUPS under Linux.

And I assume there's already a Linux tool to resize a A4 PDF to a A5 one. Anyone knows?
herve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #12
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I need to make them about A5 format with a still readable font size.
It is a good idea to tell us if you are using Windows, Linux or MacOS when doing this kind of questions.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herve
And I assume there's already a Linux tool to resize a A4 PDF to a A5 one. Anyone knows?
Don't know about PDF, but for Postscript (.ps). ps<->pdf is dead easy, because the "print to file" of all applications actually creates postscript files, and ps2pdf and pstopdf do ps->pdf.

Postscript scaling can be done with pstops.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #14
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

works great. the margins left and right are too large, but it's ok for now.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:18 PM   #15
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
works great. the margins left and right are too large, but it's ok for now.
which solution did work for you?