Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Frustrating

Today I got my black PRS-600. I charged it while I was working and sped to my computer to get started after closing time. After uploading my books, mainly free books, but three free downloads from the Sony ebookstore.

After trying to open one I remembered that I had to register the reader before getting access to the Sony ebookstore books. When I try to register at the Dutch Sony website I get the message that they are having technical problems and that I should try again later (tried with both Firefox and IE)

I'm hesitant to try to register at the US or UK website in case problems arise in the future and Sony NL refuses to help me because I didn't register the device in the Netherlands.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon, though I expect I'll have to wait until after the weekend. Luckily I haven't bought any books yet, otherwise I would be really mad.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
TGNY
Enthusiast
TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-600
Make sure your cookies are enabled!
TGNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNY View Post
Make sure your cookies are enabled!
They are, it's really Sony's website that's having problems, I tried on 3 computers to create a MySony account and on all computers I get the same message.

I wanted to buy some ebooks this weekend but I'll wait until the website is working again.

I must say I really like the reader. Don't mind the glare (my PDA has much more glare and it never bothered me when I was reading ebooks on it), the sleeve isn't very good, I hope that M-Edge will get the ones for the new readers soon.

My mother also really liked the reader and is going to check out if the (Dutch) books she likes to read are available as ebook, if that's the case it wouldn't surprise me if she wanted one for Christmas.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
FragFrog
Connoisseur
FragFrog began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Something which might perhaps be an option for you: shop at bol.com instead. They have some decent offers on eBooks and their collection seems to match Sony's at least in size, and they're constantly increasing it.

Having said that, I do not know for sure the kind of DRM protections in place there, only got my reader from bol.com but no books.
FragFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:52 AM   #5
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Everything is registered now, luckily.
Tomorrow I'll try to buy something from Bol, I'm hoping they will put some Stephen King books online tomorrow (according to BoB they should be released tomorrow). But according to their website you can transfer Dutch ebooks 4 time and English ebooks 6 times to another machine (eReader or computer), which is why I want to avoid them and if I do buy with them I'll try to strip the DRM since I think it's a rediculous restriction.
Advert