Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #61
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Just MOBI-Books or AZW3-files?
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:18 AM   #62
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur
Mr.Samuel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3, kindle oasis 2
Mobi only
Mr.Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #63
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi

Yes, that should be possible. Found numbers fitting to linespace in the code:

in class: MobiReaderImplResources_de.class (for the german version. Eglish version should be the same)

Shall I change it and put it online?
But be aware. I do have 5.8.7 for VOYAGE.

And besides:
It also should be possible to change FONT SIZES for MOBI the same way.

Last edited by Analogus; 01-16-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #64
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur

I just found that values yesterday , I will modify that jar file today and check out whether the line spacing is bigger or not.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #65
Analogus
Fanatic

I'm very interrested in a feedback from you if, and when yes, how it is working.

Last edited by Analogus; 01-18-2017 at 02:03 AM.
Advert
Old 01-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #66
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur

I have modified the class file with JBE, but nothing changed .
Which bytecode editor did you edit the jar?
Did you open the jar file with the editor or just modified the class file and compressed into the jar?
Old 01-20-2017, 02:58 AM   #67
Analogus
Fanatic

Hi

What I did:

1) Extract CLASS-file with ZIP or RAR
2) Edited CLASS-file in JavaBytcodeEditor
3) Put file into JAR with ZIP ord RAR

To edit the class-file maybe another decompiler could be a better joice.

Its absolitely necessary to restart the reader after the changes!
Old 01-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #68
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur

I will try it next time.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #69
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
OK, I've downloaded the JAR file. I have the right Kindle firmware. What do I do with the JAR file? Do I just drop it in the Kindle root? I'm a bit of a novice here so speak slowly with easy words is possible .
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #70
Analogus
Fanatic

Hi!

No, that's the wrong place.

1) To be sure - did you jailbreak the reader?
2) Do you have access to the file-system? You need it! I did that part with
a) gaining writing access over SSH with just once login over SSH and then b) opended the (hidden) file-system with 'transmit' on the mac
3) overwrite the file(s) in path:
root of the reader: /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/

I would make a backup of the original file(s) just to be on the save side.

Restart the reader and it should work. But:
- only with AZW3-books
- only with german and english language (language setting in reader options, not books of course...)

Ask if unsure!
Old 01-25-2017, 02:39 PM   #71
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oooooooh. I need to jailbreak first. That would explain it. I'll need help with the file system/SSH bit, but I should be ok if you talk me through it if that's ok?
Old 01-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #72
Analogus
Fanatic

Hi

To guide you completely through would be a bit too long, I presume. Do it step by step.

1) Jailbreak your reader

This will take a while, because you should read that carefully.

Do as explained in the first post. You have to grade down your reader in a first step, because jailbreaking is not possible with the newest firmware.
Then jailbreak it. Then upgrade to the new firmware. Then install necessary software.

But, step by step. First: jailbraik your reader. It's not that complex.

Edit:
SSH is simple if you do it on a MAC. For windows you'll need additionally software you have to install on your PC. A MAC can do it without any need of new software to be installed. But without jailbreaking the reader - no luck.

Edit 2:
If you have a MAC, I can guide you through SSH. I have a PC, but never done SSH on Win. Just to be mentioned...

Last edited by Analogus; 01-25-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #73
Waylander
Fanatic

I've Jb'ed it, which was straightforward. I've got a Mac so should be ok. Also, is there any way to reduce the space at the bottom of the page as well? If there isn't it doesn't matter.

Last edited by Waylander; 01-25-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #74
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Probably not.
That is where the bottom bar lives, not part of the book display area.

Hmm...
It has one setting where it is blank, maybe that is the only setting you have noticed.
Tap in bottom left corner.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:51 AM   #75
Waylander
Fanatic

Oh well. I'd still really like to get the other margins like the OP's though. I've got a Mac so SSH should be more straightforward than on Windows if I knew how.