Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
aleuts
aleuts began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo
Old 2.6.1 Home Screen

Hi,

I have been a Kobo Glo owner for about a year strictly sideload epubs and found this forum very useful, dont know if i would have kept my kobo with out it! im Usually a big fan of if it isnt broke dont fix it and as my kobo has been working fine i have never bother to upgrade the firmware from 2.6.1
Recently it has started to slow down and lag crash etc. so i figured an update may be required.
My problem is from the screenshots ive seen on the latest 3.2.0 firmware i cant stand the new home screen as it dosnt have the reading stats on each tile e.g. how much percent read, how many books finished, annotations etc.
My question is if i upgrade to 3.2.0 is there a way to enable this perhaps in the database? or hidden option? if not does any body know the latest firmware i can upgrade to that DOSNT implimeant this new home screem? from what i can tell the new aura has the old home screen so im hoping its just an option?
ive also uploaded a screen shot of the old home screen im talking about just incase..

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	469.9 KB
ID:	121684  
aleuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuts View Post
ive also uploaded a screen shot of the old home screen im talking about just incase..
This is rather confusing, aleuts Your attached pic shows what I would call the new homescreen, i.e. the one with Tiles. The old homescreen had an overlapping collage of 5 different-sized covers.

Your pic looks like the homescreen on my Aura HD with fw 3.2
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
aleuts

@jackie_w ive attached the home screen i think you are describing but i was under the impression it is the *new home screen for the glo. Its been very hard to find any thing definitive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo-glo.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	121686  
Old 04-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Post #3 pic is the old collage homescreen (they didn't overlap after all, faulty memory ).
Post #1 the new tiled homescreen.

If post #1 is the one you like then you're safe with fw 3.2
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
aleuts

thanks very much for the help jackie i tried looking at the screen shots in articles and review etc. it must have been an old liberary image or firmware.

Thanks for the help!!
Advert