Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
krzym1
krzym1 began at the beginning.

Device: PB 622
Setting margins to none in Adobe viewer ?

Hi everyone,

I'm happy with my pb622 for almost a year now, but one thing keeps bugging me.

Adobe viewer has 4 options for margins width in epubs - default/small/med/large - most of my ebooks had basically no margins with default options.

Sadly some of them have like ~1,5cm margins default, and changing to small changes nothing (seems like default=small) and can only be made larger.

Is there any way to make the margins disappear in epubs in Adobe viewer without playing around with apps like calibre ?

If not, I would email PocketBook with my suggestion but I have no idea if they can do anything with Adobe branded app.
krzym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Check out the thread on "Custom fonts"; it shows how to edit the userStyles.css file for AdobeViewer: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188607
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
krzym1
krzym1 began at the beginning.

Device: PB 622
Sadly, neither
Code:
@page {
 margin-right:20px;
 margin-left:20px;
 margin-top:10px;
 margin-bottom:10px;
 }
nor
Code:
p {margin: 20px;}
worked.

Seems like the changes in CSS I made disappeared after opening the ebook - the file just kept resetting to default
Code:
body{}
Hoverer once it changed to
Code:
body{margin: 0px;}
- most likely after I set margins to small in settings but still margins were far from being 0px

I was thinking about putting there "-10px" but I got worried my device would explode heh Seems like some ebooks are just too resilient to external formatting.
krzym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
That's too bad. I updated my userStyles.css file to include the "@page" part after "body{}", and it works well (PB902, fw 2.1.3). It's strange that your version of AdobeViewer is overriding what's in that file. I guess this is one reason to be thankful that PB hasn't got round to updating the firmware on our older devices.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote