Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #121
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I'm only on my first ( American Gods by Neil Gaiman). Too much uni work for me to enjoy fantasy. But so far this book is amazing. (10% in)
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #122
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Still whacking away at my list's very short titles to make it seem like I'm making progress. 1971, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1996, and 1998 so far.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #123
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Six down Seventy nine more to go.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #124
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Three down, 47 to go. According to Goodreads, I'm right on track so far.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #125
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I finished my third book of the year a couple of days ago, which catches me up to the number of books I've bought. My TBR is breaking even.

(We'll ignore the 4 freebies. They weren't really TBR freebies. Unless I do decide to read one of them.)

I'm pretty sure the cost of the books I've read is higher than the cost of the books I've bought, but I can't really track that easily. I don't think I have records for some of the paperbacks.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #126
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I've finished 4 books so far out of my planned 100. #5 is currently in progress and I've also got an audiobook going, so I'm not that far off the pace I would need for 100. But if I don't make the goal again this year it's no big deal; I'll still be reading a heck of lot of books this year.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #127
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7" & 10"; 11"(?)-12" Lenovo laptop
I've done pretty well so far this month with 10 books and 2 short stories; a total of 3224 pages. Obviously, not BIG books. I should get through a couple more by the end of the month, but February will be a different story. I'm off to visit family for most of the month and will only be reading on the flight to and from as well as a bit at bedtime. The bedtime bit is a lifelong habit - the perfect time to get through those classics I've always meant to read....
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #128
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine are never that long either, mine are typically 320 pages each. I read a few door stoppers last year, David Weber's Honor Harringtion books can get really long. Not that I mind it it jsut takes a while to go through a book as big as some of the Honor Harringtion books.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #129
Beginner-reader
Enthusiast
Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
So far, I've read 12 books. I don't know how that happened. I think it's the Kindle.
The first 7 books are how-to poker manuals to improve my game. A couple of them were fairly long.
The 8th book is about phonetics, the 9th book about anger management, and the others books are manga in French. (Fairy Tail T1/2/3.)
Beginner-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #130
jbcohen
Wizard

Starting off fast, for the month of January, thus far, I am working on my tenth, which is very fast for me during the month of January. At this rate, if I manage to keep it up I go as high as one hundred and eight books, well past the current goal of eighty-five books.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #131
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I am up to 8 done for the year, thanks to going through some graphic novels. I expect to finish the month with 13 done. I only got around 24 done last year, so many things got in the way of reading time.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #132
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I looked at my possible planned challenges, distilled it, then diluted it, and ended up with: read stuff.

Mostly because I've gotten really bad at keeping things updated beyond the Goodreads shelving.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #133
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
With just reading stuff at least you will accomplish your goal!!

Brilliant move!!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #134
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I looked at my possible planned challenges, distilled it, then diluted it, and ended up with: read stuff.

Mostly because I've gotten really bad at keeping things updated beyond the Goodreads shelving.
That's exactly my challenge this year. Just read whatever I want, when I want.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #135
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
With just reading stuff at least you will accomplish your goal!!

Brilliant move!!!
I knew you would appreciate my genius. But seriously, there comes a time when I have to admit to myself that "challenge management" is just too... well, challenging for me at the moment. I think this year my "big life goals" will include not having too many bad days and waking up every morning. Back to the basics. This fits right in with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
That's exactly my challenge this year. Just read whatever I want, when I want.
It's kind of freeing, ain't it? I've had fun with my various past challenges, and I might join some of the Goodreads group challenges we do, especially since we have a habit over there of just extending them as long as we like.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote