Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Unhappy T1 Going Back

My T1 is going back to Best Buy tonight. I love it when it is working properly, but I have had to soft re-set it 5 times since I bought it Tuesday evening. Plus had to reset the clock twice. And I've only been using it for a couple of hours in the evening.

First time was while trying to get in the Sony store, then 3 times while reading & once when trying to bring up the dictionary. It flashes & then starts turning pages fast & then freezes. Also I notice while going through the Sony Store & looking at titles it does a 3 flash thing before settling down to the page.

So I think there is something wrong with mine. Hopefully I can exchange it. But if not I'll return it & then buy another one. I do like it. The new software store can use some improvement but I can work with it.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Good luck with the exchange. I hope that you don't get any grief returning it. I'm glad to hear that, when it is working, you do enjoy it.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
I was about to head out to the local Best Buy to get mine... I wonder if I should just hold off for a month or two...
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
I was about to head out to the local Best Buy to get mine... I wonder if I should just hold off for a month or two...
Probably a wise decision. A month or two should clear any bugs from the device.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
I have not found the the device to be buggy at all. It sounds like this one was a lemon.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Probably a wise decision. A month or two should clear any bugs from the device.
I might just get it anyway because I have over 7 books that I bought in the last few days and I just don't like reading off my old PRS-600...and the wife will not give up the 505
Old 10-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
I have not found the the device to be buggy at all. It sounds like this one was a lemon.
+1, no bugs with the reader only the sony desktop software.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay I settled down & contacted Sony support. We did a hard reset & will see if that works. If not they gave me this number to call. 866-962-7669. I'm hoping it works because I really like the T1.

I have to say the support was very good. She explained things well & was patient while I fumbled through the steps.

So we'll give it a couple more days to see how it goes. I already got the book I was reading back up.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Pomtroll,

Just curious, how does one do a hard reset of the T1? In the past it was reset then volume up (or was it volume down) button, but there are no volume rockers on the T1.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Good luck with yours Pomtroll. Mine kept crashing for a bit while trying to organize my collections and delete books I've read and then all of a sudden it just stopped doing it. For now at least anyways. I hope all goes well for you.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
wachuko
eBook Worm

I got one of two left at the local Best Buy... wohooo!!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
Pomtroll
Guru

The hard reset didn't work. I called Sony & they said to take it back to Best Buy for a replacement. If there should be a problem to call Sony & they will send out a new one next week.

@luvduchovny

I can't remember the steps off the top of my head. But it does have to do with the > button & the back button.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
We haven't tried out hubby's with the Reader Store yet, but so far, his device seems to be operating without any hitches. In spite of me doing things like double-tapping for bookmarks and whatnot like I'm used to on the 950. I wouldn't say I was gentle about issuing assorted motions, commands, etc... to it, often not knowing quite what I was doing and neither was hubby. We were both all over it.

You probably just got a bad one.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
Pomtroll
Guru

Yep. Sony Support basically said it was defective. No arguments, no further trying to correct it. I'm looking forward to getting my new one tonight. The excitement is back.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #15
wachuko
eBook Worm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
Yep. Sony Support basically said it was defective. No arguments, no further trying to correct it. I'm looking forward to getting my new one tonight. The excitement is back.
That is great!

I just got mine, charged it, connected to my WiFi, connected to my Sony account, downloaded the new books I wanted to read... reading the one I had started on the flight from SFO (I took my daughter's PRS-600 with me)... Very pleased with the T1.