Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
carlol
carlol began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Validate epub

Hi everyone, Threepress validation says my ebook has failed because of the following error:
epub/OEBPS/Text/titlepage.xhtml(21): value of attribute "preserveAspectRatio" is invalid; must be a string matching the regular expression "\s*(none|xMinYMin|xMidYMin|xMaxYMin|xMinYMid|xMid YMid|xMaxYMid|xMinYMax|xMidYMax|xMaxYMax)\s+(meet| slice)?\s*"

Can anyone tell me how to fix this please? The code view shows </svg> against line 21 in Sigil but the preserveAspectRatio information appears within everything showing against line 19. Is this normal and what do I change? I am assuming at present that I should enter something else in line 19.
Please understand I know nothing about programming language. Anyone who can help will have my undying gratitude.

Carlol.
carlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Please do a search for it, it has been mentioned a couple of times on this forum.

Anyway, if you mention a problem, the code to which the error refers to would be helpful.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
carlol

Thanks for the reply, will do a search, but all of the code for line 19 is:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" height="100%" preserveAspectRatio="none" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 464 751" width="100%">

Carlol
Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you use none, the aspect ratio would be incorrect in your cover image. The best way to do it is to use "xMidYMid meet".

But "none" is correct. It is a bug in ePubCheck.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
carlol

Thanks very much, will try "xMidYMid meet".
Advert

Tags
epub doc. error, epub validation, title page error