Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-29-2017, 09:41 PM   #1066
taratears
Connoisseur
taratears began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
I can't figure out how to assign the custom column to the plugin. I've made one, but I can't see the option to assign it, or to create one from the window that pops up when it first tries to run.
taratears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:52 PM   #1067
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by taratears View Post
I can't figure out how to assign the custom column to the plugin. I've made one, but I can't see the option to assign it, or to create one from the window that pops up when it first tries to run.
You set the custom columns on the configuration dialog. Right-click on the button to get the menu and select "Customize plugin".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2017, 10:37 PM   #1068
taratears
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You set the custom columns on the configuration dialog. Right-click on the button to get the menu and select "Customize plugin".
Unfortunately, there are no options when I choose the dropdown.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:44 PM   #1069
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Unfortunately, there are no options when I choose the dropdown.
That means the columns are all of the wrong type. They must be Numeric
[edited] (Integers for Pages and Words, or Floating for reading scores)

Last edited by theducks; 04-30-2017 at 10:35 AM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:56 PM   #1070
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That means the columns are all of the wrong type. They must be Numeric (Floating for Pages and Words, or Integers for reading scores)
I think you have the formats the wrong way round. Page and Word counts are always integers, the other stats aren't, so will need Floating point numbers.
Advert
Old 04-30-2017, 12:18 AM   #1071
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just noticed that I couldn't edit my #wordcount column in the book list for my three primary libraries (_Main, _Journals and _Media). When I hit tab in the column to the left of #wordcount I would drop out of edit mode When I went into the MDE dialogue the #wordcount columns were absent.

So I looked into custom_columns table in the three databases, and I wasn't surprised to find the #wordcount editable column had a value of '0'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wordcount.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	156440

I can just about believe I might have changed this in one library database at some time, most likely my _Test Library database, but in my three primary libraries... hardly

Normal service, i.e. ability to tab through the #wordcount column in the book list in edit mode, was resumed once I changed the editable cell for #wordcount to '1'

So my question is: was the plugin changed to set the editable column in the custom_columns table to 0 for the #wordcount custom column? Because that's the only explanation for the strange phenomenon I can come up with

For many people it wouldn't be a bad idea to make the columns Count Pages populates non editable. But it should be configurable, because it wouldn't suit everyone.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:26 AM   #1072
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

BR: I don't know how it happened, but it wasn't the Count Pages plugin. The only thing about the columns used by the plugin that it touches is the value.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:01 AM   #1073
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@davidfor - I didn't really think it was CP because I haven't installed a new version, or prodded it in any way since 2017-01-22. I don't do a lot of MD editing in those libraries, occasional corrections or gap filling.

But why those three libraries and not my _Intake library (where most of the counting is done), or moreover my _Test Library which is an overweight dog's breakfast on steroids.

I mainly posted just in case someone else runs into a similar issue. It's easily fixed - assuming one knows about editable.

BR
Old 04-30-2017, 09:22 AM   #1074
taratears
Connoisseur

Quote:
I think you have the formats the wrong way round. Page and Word counts are always integers, the other stats aren't, so will need Floating point numbers.
Thank you for the help, that worked beautifully.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #1075
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

That is what I get for going back to be more detailed for our newer users
Old 04-30-2017, 08:36 PM   #1076
taratears
Connoisseur

Do you guys know if there is a way to add the wordcount generated to the tags, without adding them individually?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:42 PM   #1077
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Do you guys know if there is a way to add the wordcount generated to the tags, without adding them individually?
Yeah maybe, sort of... but why would you want to do that?

BR
Old 05-01-2017, 12:02 AM   #1078
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If you mean adding the word count as a tag without having a custom column, then it would need a change in the plugin. I'm not interested in doing that.

If you want to add the word count as a tag afterwards, you can probably do it with a bulk search and replace.

And I'm with BR, why?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #1079
taratears
Connoisseur

Quote:
If you mean adding the word count as a tag without having a custom column, then it would need a change in the plugin. I'm not interested in doing that.

If you want to add the word count as a tag afterwards, you can probably do it with a bulk search and replace.

And I'm with BR, why?
@ davidfor and BR. Because sometimes I want something especially long to read, and my phone doesn't show word count like calibre can. I'm not asking you to change the plugin or anything, I was just curious if anyone knew of way to get that information listed so that I can see it on my phone too. I figured here was the best place to ask. I'll try the search and replace. Thank you.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:27 PM   #1080
theducks
Well trained by Cats

If you have Calibre Companion on your phone, the details shows the Count Pages (configured) Fields

Ask in the CC forum how you can select by that

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin