Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Cheryle
Cheryle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Converting DOC to Mobi help please

Hi i new here and also new to using Kindle and converting book formats in Calibre.can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert an E-Book that is in DOC format to Mobi. I have just tried to do it and can't get it to work.Thanks for any help or advice.
Cheryle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi Cheryle and welcome. Just FYI this sort of question you should ask in a forum like the Calibre "Conversion" forum. To answer your question what I do is open the DOC in Word and save it as "Web page filtered html". Then add that html page to Calibre (Calibre will store it in a zip) and then convert that zip to MOBI. Another alternative would be to save the DOC to RTF with the same steps.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
moved from devices
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Cheryle
Cheryle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
thanks for this i'm going to try it and sorry i posted in wrong place
Cheryle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
What I've used is MobiPocket Creator (free download) to convert the .DOC file into .PRC. You can then import it into Calibre using the Add button. I've not tried the SaveAs HTML and import method, so can't tell you if it works better or not. But I was quite pleased with the result of a document I created with the MobiPocket Creator conversion.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert