Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #1
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
help with search

So, I have a column (call it #od) that readinglist synchronizes with my device so that the library knows if a book is on the device or not. However, this column lags the actual status (I consider this a feature).

I want to make a (saved) search that (among other things) only looks at books that are on the device; when the device is plugged in, I can use ondevice:true, and when it is not plugged in, I can use #od:true

Right now, the search uses (ondevice:true or #od:true) but this also matches books that were just removed from the device since it was plugged in.

Is there a way to only use ondevice if the device is plugged in, and only use #od if it is not plugged in?

(Of course, other searches want to look at books not on the device.)

Last edited by compurandom; 05-28-2017 at 12:12 PM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:34 AM   #2
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Far from being an expert here, but could you do two different searches instead of combining?

I use an OnDevice tag instead of a column, so when I search for the tag when not connected I see all the titles that should be on the device when connected. The tag is added from the Reading List PI.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 11:09 PM   #3
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
If it were just one search, splitting it into two would work.

But this search is incorporated into 5-10 other searches, so this would explode quickly.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote