Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #1
Leslie Harris
Leslie Harris began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Win 10 Problem

Having used Calibre on Win XP Pro for a long time with never a problem, I have tried to get it working on a Win 10 64 bit box with no success.

It appears to have installed correctly but, when I try to import from Kindle for PC, it doesn't work. Previously on XP, I went to Add Books, selected Add books from a single directory an it imported from Kindle without a problem. Now, nothing happens. I have no idea where to start. Help please !!!
Leslie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:05 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I drag and drop (into Calibre book list) AZW3/Mobi from the 'My Kindle' folder all the time
W10 pro x64 aniv ed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:31 AM   #4
Leslie Harris
Leslie Harris began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Kovidgoyal,

Thank you for the very detailed help.

Theducks,

If your reply was directed to me, this 84 year old stroke victim commends you for your intolerance! A year ago, before the stroke felled me, I could probably have worked my way through it but not now. Fortunately, not everyone is as superior as you and help has been given!

Leslie Harris
Leslie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Harris View Post
[B][I]Kovidgoyal,

Theducks,

If your reply was directed to me, this 84 year old stroke victim commends you for your intolerance! A year ago, before the stroke felled me, I could probably have worked my way through it but not now. Fortunately, not everyone is as superior as you and help has been given!

Leslie Harris
Really? Intolerant?
Does one have to check a poster Biography before replying to a call for assistance

I gave you a solution that works. On XP. On W7. On W10.

You failed to mention that you MUST have a keystroke method due to physical limitations.

Before you get all uppity, My parents retirement plans were destroyed by a massive stroke (Mom) and Parkinsons (Dad), so don't lecture me.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote