Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #31
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I've signed up but I find the options somewhat baffling. I've got no idea how to decide what good choices are.

I only have one online username.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #32
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Ah. what are 'good choices'?

that seems to be a complete mystery. Letting things go red is bad (often very bad and affects your income).

Selling off items you start with -- I didn't at first, then dumped most of them. I'm still contemplating selling one of the 3D printers, since the projects don't seem to care about what I already have in assets.

Surging your "core" is interesting, shall we say. And lots of rules about how to upgrade it to your current level.

(18 minutes before I can do any more surges and another cycle after that to get enough bucks to get to level 5 -- that's the magic level to get another free book!)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #33
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
I looked into this "game" but it seemed a little too long in steps/procedures, a little too short on instructions and waaayyyyy too short on fun for me to struggle through for a free ebook or two. I'll just keep going for the monthly bundles we do here and, when push comes to shove, I'll shell out my $6 for a book. My time is way too valuable to waste on this.

Now, if you guys are actually having fun with this "game" I'm happy for you. More power to you and I hope you get lots of free ebooks and make me jealous. It just doesn't appear to be for me.

Thanks for the heads up though.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #34
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Once you figure out how the stuff works, there is some strategy to it, both short and long term. Doesn't take much to run the steps for a turn, then just ignore it for four hours (Baen suggests going away and reading a book).
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #35
kraby
kraby began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I joined under "Proffy" (my gaming game) will take some getting used to
kraby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #36
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
I'll writ very briefly down, what I think matters:
you need bucks both for adding allies and leveling up since books come per level
so lets start there:
buildings are modifiers fo production, generating money per round, and their stuff per surge
without theese it seems to be roughly:

money=people x level
to keep population stable you need people=food=bliss and energy=money

I need only the half bliss but I assume its bcause my moral setting is max.
if you have both city core buildings and surge them simultaneously food and people surge is balanced, you have neither a surplus nor starvation. the problem is the energy you need for the people
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #37
koland
Grand Sorcerer

yes, I just added some people (from a gift), as I thought I had enough energy. Alas, no, I don't. Now I have a deficit that I can't fix until next cycle (which means a bliss hit, at the least).
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #38
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Yeah, energy is always the real kicker. I hate adding population because it almost always means a shortfall in energy and food - especially energy.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #39
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Interesting, I'll give it a try. Name = Rolo
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #40
koland
Grand Sorcerer

I want to get to level 9 - can buy a new reactor and solve energy forever....

In the meantime, my asset board is full. I either have to surge my core or sell of a lot of assets (which is probably what I'll do) to work on any other projects.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #41
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Awesome, my next target is level 7. I've got both cores up and running, just about to upgrade the second one and then surge both.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #42
Lemurion
eReader

Today's lesson - DON'T surge both city cores at the same time - they grow population faster than anything else. So now I'm out of surge points and down about 16K in energy.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #43
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
*rolleyes* as I said, calc in advance how many energy ll be needed by and do it then both.
this way there's no food trouble
I ll see what I can gift

*sigh* ii ask myself when the reset lll come
I hop I ll manage till 5 before and have a clean start mow as i know better what NOT to do and what ASAP
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
Lemurion
eReader

Thanks - Food is rarely a problem for me - it's always energy.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #45
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
FYI, if you want any books you might get to be on your regular Baen ebook account be sure to sign up with the same email addy as your ebook account.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote