Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #46
sheffieldsteve
sheffieldsteve began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
have you tried putting a .png in a zipped folder in the Kindle 'documents' folder ?
sheffieldsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #47
Caip.
Caip. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwonder2 View Post
Hi,
I just brought this Kindle and was wondering if you can advise me on how to view PNG files. Jpg files works by just zipping it and placing it in the "picture" folder but for some reason PNG files don't show up. I've tried creating a sub-folder named "screensaver" and placing the PNG files in that folder, I see the name of the file but when I tried to open it, I get an error that states "Archieve does not contain any pictures."

Kindly assist.

Thank you so much
If viewing .PNG's doesn't work, you could also convert the PNG to JPG.
I use a handy tool called Irfanview (irfanview.com) for this.
Caip. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #48
mrbob
mrbob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch)
To view the network information (711) page do the following:

1. Go to settings page
2. Press and Hold the keyboard button
3. Press the right side "next page" button

To view the device information (411) page, do the following:

1. Go to settings page
3. Press the right side "previous page" button
mrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #49
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
This rather excellent. Thank you
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #50
nurusz
Enthusiast
nurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
To view the network information (711) page do the following:

1. Go to settings page
3. Press the right side "next page" button

To view the device information (411) page, do the following:

1. Go to settings page
3. Press the right side "previous page" button
AND
To view the device barcode, do the following:

1. Go to settings page
3. Press twice the left side "previous page" button
nurusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #51
ginandtonic
ginandtonic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 non touch
Book covers display

A hack to have the book covers displayed on one page would be nice.
Just like the ibook shelves on the iphone.
ginandtonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #52
stormdraincat
stormdraincat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 b00e
I have a b00e and i was wondering if anyone knew of a jailbreak program thats compatible?
stormdraincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdraincat View Post
I have a b00e and i was wondering if anyone knew of a jailbreak program thats compatible?
You're best bet is to ask in the Developer's forum. That's where those who hack their Kindles posts.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #54
stormdraincat
stormdraincat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 b00e
Thanks, i appreciate it
stormdraincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #55
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
The link to the developers forum is two posts above yours.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #56
degaba
degaba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.01
Is there a jailbreak for the kindle 4.01 yet? I'd like to put some custom screen savers on it.
degaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #57
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by degaba View Post
Is there a jailbreak for the kindle 4.01 yet? I'd like to put some custom screen savers on it.
Yes. It is built-in. ENABLE_DIAGS. Enable USBnet. SSH. Put what you want where you want. If you want kindlets from the developer's corner, put the jailbreak key on it. Whatever. Read the threads and the wiki. For that matter, read the posts on this page of this thread, just above your post. I mean, really now, are you just trolling, or what?

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-12-2012 at 12:16 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #58
carmel974
carmel974 began at the beginning.

Thank's very much for these tips that I've downloaded !
carmel974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #59
waterlubber
hobbyist
waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (Non-Touch)
Although we all miss the lovely minesweeper easter egg, amazon was feeling nice and added an active content version!
http://www.amazon.com/Mine-Sweeper/d...ds=minesweeper
amazon!
waterlubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:30 AM   #60
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlubber View Post
Although we all miss the lovely minesweeper easter egg, amazon was feeling nice and added an active content version!
http://www.amazon.com/Mine-Sweeper/d...ds=minesweeper
amazon!
Not for UK Residents it isn't
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote