Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
LunaBlu
LunaBlu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ebook sent via Calibre- no author listed

Hi all,

I've been using Calibre for a while and have had no problems. But today I sent an ebook (several actually) to my Kindle, and now the title and author appear together on the left side, in large, and where previously appeared the author on the right, in small, is now my email address. (I hope you understand what I mean- it's the same problem I had when I initially sent ebooks directly from my email to the Kindle, I was really happy when that got solved by sending ebooks via Calibre)

I know this isn't a huge problem, but it does annoy me that instead of the books being listed in a nice organised manner, there is now my email address in the author field. I've tried resending books that have previously worked fine, and they all do it now.

Any ideas/help?

Thanks!!
LunaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon is probably having trouble with its email delivery, use the USB cable until it is sorted out.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
LunaBlu
LunaBlu began at the beginning.

Great, that works!

Hopefully Amazon will fix their email problems soon, much easier to transfer ebooks wirelessly...

Thanks!
LunaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
AlecSp
AlecSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Grr, the same's just started happening to me too. It's definitely wrong, you'd never want the email address as the author!!!
AlecSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
jkblack
jkblack began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
this is happening to me too.
jkblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:47 AM   #6
paultheitguy
paultheitguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yep - same here.

I logged the problem on the Kindle board but was gonna put it here too cos I wasn't sure where the fault lay.
paultheitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There have been a number of reports about this in the Kindle forum, too. Definitely looks like a problem at Amazon's end.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

+1, still happening here
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #9
Jaap099
Jaap099 began at the beginning.

+1, here too. Very annoying :-(
Jaap099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is affecting EVERYONE. There's really no point in these "me too" posts. Please only post if and when it's fixed!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
ancatdubh2
ancatdubh2 doesn't litterancatdubh2 doesn't litter

This has been happening to me, too, and it is very frustrating--although somewhat comforting that it is happening to others, as well. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon. If anyone has any news, please report!!

Last edited by ancatdubh2; 08-31-2011 at 10:08 PM.
ancatdubh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #12
ancatdubh2

Hi, I've just logged a complain with Amazon describing the issue as the Amazon personal delivery service not pulling the correct title and author metadata from the MOBI file e-mailed, and instead displaying the filename as the title and the email address (from which the document was sent) as the author. They said they would have a response for me within 48 hours. I would recommend others to call and lodge a complaint as well. Even though we all know of this issue and have been dealing with it for a bout a week now, Amazon was apparently not aware. Speak up now or forever hold your peace. =)
Old 09-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #13
ancatdubh2

This problem is now solved. Thanks to all who have voiced complains to Amazon, it was fixed as of this morning. Enjoy!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
AlecSp
AlecSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Fabulous! I was starting to fear that they'd just leave it like that, as it had been a couple of weeks - a big releaf!
AlecSp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author, calibre, kindle, send, sort