Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #46
Heiderose
Heiderose began at the beginning.

Device: PB 623
Unfortunately KSM 08 is no longer to download, but I have with KSM 09 an very irritating and uncomfortable screen rotation problem with my h2o
Heiderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #47
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiderose View Post
Unfortunately KSM 08 is no longer to download, but I have with KSM 09 an very irritating and uncomfortable screen rotation problem with my h2o
Instead of criticizin you can read the comments of tshering in the OP and here about the tests he and others are doing to help him find a solution. So patience.
In addition, the rotation problems only appear when starting nickel or plato from ksm, and only H2O and KA1.

Last edited by boriar; 01-23-2018 at 09:46 AM. Reason: add links
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #48
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiderose View Post
I did not remove KSM 08. It is still there. The rotation problem (re)appeared with recent firmware updates. It affects KSM 08 too.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #49
Amoz
Amoz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O2 (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
This is correct. When you run nickel, and return to KSM, the screen will rotate.
I don't seem to get any rotation, but for sure there is no response on touch input. Are there any experimental firmwares/drivers out there you want me to test?
Amoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #50
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoz View Post
I don't seem to get any rotation, but for sure there is no response on touch input. Are there any experimental firmwares/drivers out there you want me to test?
The problem with H2O2 is slightly different that the one with H2O and KA1, For the latest the problem is the rotation screen but for your ereader is the driver, incompatible with it (unresponsive touch screen). Seems that sergeyvl12 has solve it for his vlasovsoft launcher. I hope that tshering could adapt it to ksm.
Advert
Old 01-25-2018, 04:16 PM   #51
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There is already a working driver. Could you find out something for me?

After start, I hope, you will see there the wifi ip.
  • Write into the location bar of your webbrowser: http://{The ip of your device}:8087/rmc_test.html
    for instance: http://10.0.0.3:8087/rmc_test.html
  • press "kill KSM"
  • Into the input field of the webinterface write: ls $ksmroot/Qt/plugins/mousedrivers/ and press "execute", and note the output
  • Into the input field of the webinterface write: echo $mousedriver and press "execute" and note the output
  • press "KSM power off"

Last edited by tshering; 01-25-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:16 AM   #52
Amoz

Quote:
There is already a working driver. Could you find out something for me?

After start, I hope, you will see there the wifi ip.
  • Write into the location bar of your webbrowser: http://{The ip of your device}:8087/rmc_test.html
    for instance: http://10.0.0.3:8087/rmc_test.html
  • press "kill KSM"
  • Into the input field of the webinterface write: ls $ksmroot/Qt/plugins/mousedrivers/ and press "execute", and note the output
  • Into the input field of the webinterface write: echo $mousedriver and press "execute" and note the output
  • press "KSM power off"
### executed:ls $ksmroot/Qt/plugins/mousedrivers/
libKoboTS_h2o2.so

### executed:echo $mousedriver
libKoboTS_h2o2.so
Old 01-26-2018, 03:23 AM   #53
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
### executed:ls $ksmroot/Qt/plugins/mousedrivers/
libKoboTS_h2o2.so

### executed:echo $mousedriver
libKoboTS_h2o2.so
Thank you. I was hoping that something with the installation/setup went wrong. But this part is correct.

Could you also check the following?
echo $QWS_MOUSE_PROTO
Old 01-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #54
Amoz

Quote:
Thank you. I was hoping that something with the installation/setup went wrong. But this part is correct.

Could you also check the following?
echo $QWS_MOUSE_PROTO
@tshering
Let me know if there's anything else you want me to do.
I actually forgot about one thing. Yesterday when i booted in to koreader I tried touching almost every part of the screen, and suddenly the filemanager view which is the default view suddenly moved one step up in the hierarchy. I'm guessing there was some small registering on the mousedriver there for a second, but I have no clue what, how or why.

### executed:env
CONTENT_TYPE=application/x-www-form-urlencoded
GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1
ksmGeometryValuesN=
poweroffRotation=90
USER=root
UBOOT_MMC=/etc/u-boot/mx6sl-ntx/u-boot.mmc
mrotation=270
poweroffRandomdir=
prevlevel=N
REMOTE_ADDR=192.168.1.133
QUERY_STRING=com_value=env&history=ls+%24ksmroot%2 FQt%2Fplugins%2Fmousedrivers%2F+&com_type=shell
ksmImageWidthLandscape=750
ksmGeometryValuesS=
HOME=/
powerOffDelay=0.8
ksmFontDir=/adds/kbmenu/fonts
ntxfw_sz=9474
HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36
REMOTE_PORT=38328
deleteSDRsOnboard=false
HTTP_ACCEPT=text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8
ksmGeometryValuesW=
runlevel=S
CONTENT_LENGTH=84
koreaderbasedir=/mnt/onboard/.adds
NICKEL_HOME=/mnt/onboard/.kobo
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unixath=/tmp/dbus-EwxfFULWZI,guid=ead23a4a5745ed761e353bb45a6b5b87
SCRIPT_FILENAME=/adds/kbmenu/rmc/cgi-bin/processcommands.sh
HTTP_HOST=192.168.1.137:8087
kobomenuMenuBarFontsize=50
nickelpreload=
kobomenuShowClock=false
UBOOT_RECOVERY=/etc/u-boot/mx6sl-ntx/u-boot.recovery
REQUEST_URI=/cgi-bin/processcommands.sh
SERVER_SOFTWARE=busybox httpd/1.22.0.kobo
useDropbear=true
boot_port=3
CPU=mx6sl
provideSleepInMainMenu=false
KSMfrontlightlevel=0
TERM=vt102
waveform_p=0x9fb8e800
hwcfg_p=0x9ffffe00
dontTamperwithFrontlight=true
PLATFORM=mx6sl-ntx
WIFI_MODULE=8189fs
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib:
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=sv-SE,sv;q=0.9,en-US;q=0.8,en;q=0.7,de;q=0.6
HTTP_REFERER=http://192.168.1.137:8087/rmc_test.html
SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.0
QWS_NO_SHARE_FONTS=1
platobasedir=/mnt/onboard/.adds/plato
mousedriver=libKoboTS_h2o2.so
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
fbrotatevalue=0
PATH_INFO=
waveform_sz=4658392
hwcfg_sz=110
SHELL=/bin/sh
WIFI_MODULE_PATH=/drivers/mx6sl-ntx/wifi/8189fs.ko
REQUEST_METHOD=POST
ksmImageWidthPortrait=566
allowRmcViaWifi=true
ksmGeometryValuesE=
avoidPickel=false
PRODUCT=snow
INTERFACE=eth0
kobomenuFontsize=60
PRODUCT_ID=0x4227
ksmuser=/mnt/onboard/.adds/kbmenu_user
PWD=/adds/kbmenu/rmc/cgi-bin
KSMdebugmode=false
SCRIPT_NAME=/cgi-bin/processcommands.sh
QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KoboTS_h2o2
ntxfw_p=0x9fb8c200
ksmroot=/adds/kbmenu

Last edited by Amoz; 01-26-2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #55
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I actually forgot about one thing. Yesterday when i booted in to koreader I tried touching almost every part of the screen, and suddenly the filemanager view which is the default view suddenly moved one step up in the hierarchy. I'm guessing there was some small registering on the mousedriver there for a second, but I have no clue what, how or why.
Thank for the env list.
I would like to clarify whether I understood the problem correct. I understood that there is no touch recognition in KSM. Or did your first report refer to Koreader?
Old 01-26-2018, 03:17 PM   #56
Amoz

Quote:
Thank for the env list.
I would like to clarify whether I understood the problem correct. I understood that there is no touch recognition in KSM. Or did your first report refer to Koreader?
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. KSM works perfectly, it's koreader touch that seems to be unusable. I honestly thought KSM somehow "booted" koreader and could impact it. Does this mean it's koreader that needs to fix something?

On another note, I added the vlasovsoft dir to .adds (e.g. .adds/vlasovsoft/ now contains a lot of *.sh and other folders), but KSM does not show it in the menu. I thought this was the way to install it.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #57
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. KSM works perfectly, it's koreader touch that seems to be unusable. I honestly thought KSM somehow "booted" koreader and could impact it. Does this mean it's koreader that needs to fix something?
Now, I understand. I am glad KSM does work. KSM and koreader use completely different approaches to the touch input. There was some testing with koreader, but somehow it did not continue. I was hoping KSM 9 with the webinterface might help there too. Please have a look at Koreader on H2O Edition 2 (H2O2), and if you like revive the thread.

Quote:
On another note, I added the vlasovsoft dir to .adds (e.g. .adds/vlasovsoft/ now contains a lot of *.sh and other folders), but KSM does not show it in the menu. I thought this was the way to install it.
Edit: I deleted here some nonsense I said, because some days ago I had myself for testing purposes installed a version of vlasovsoft that was several years old. Now the corrected information: The "start vlasofsoftlauncher" does show, but only in the "full menu" view. And it will possible result in a message "unsupported version of launcher."

Last edited by tshering; 01-26-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #58
boriar
Evangelist

@Amoz

I think that the problem may be with H2O2 or your installation because I have all ereaders for Kobo device in .adds and is the cleanest option from the beginning of all this programs: one directory for each program and all working perfectly (apart from the rotation screen)
Old 01-27-2018, 08:23 AM   #59
Amoz

Quote:
Now, I understand. I am glad KSM does work. KSM and koreader use completely different approaches to the touch input. There was some testing with koreader, but somehow it did not continue. I was hoping KSM 9 with the webinterface might help there too. Please have a look at Koreader on H2O Edition 2 (H2O2), and if you like revive the thread.
That thread helped me realise the touch input actually works, but it's horizontally mirrored, and needs to be multitouched to work. I'm guessing the custom protocol Rakuten has used isnt completely reversed engineered yet.

Quote:
Edit: I deleted here some nonsense I said, because some days ago I had myself for testing purposes installed a version of vlasovsoft that was several years old. Now the corrected information: The "start vlasofsoftlauncher" does show, but only in the "full menu" view. And it will possible result in a message "unsupported version of launcher."
Ah, I somehow had toggled the menu accidentally.

Btw, is there a reason why you don't have a git repo up somewhere for KSM?
Old 01-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #60
tshering
Wizard

@Amoz

Could you look at this post?
The script that starts Koreader is adds/kbmenu/onstart/start_koreader.sh.