Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-13-2022, 02:23 PM   #1246
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've just downloaded it, but I use it mainly in an automatic way, so my onlyt est will be if it works as before.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:34 PM   #1247
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Oops, I thought I'd downloaded it. Apparently not. Installed it now, and seems to be working as expected.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:12 AM   #1248
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Version Released

Version 1.14.0 - 2022-09-14
- Sort selectedRows on Edit List--qt gives them in user-selected order.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:49 PM   #1249
theengine
Enthusiast
theengine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi, many thanks for this plugin, been using it successfully for many years.
But at some point within the last two weeks, the automatically sync function has stopped working. I just used to plug my Kindle in and it would automatically sync, but no more. I have not changed any settings.

Any ideas?

TIA

Am on:
Mac Catalina 10.15.7
Calibre: 6.5
Reading List 1.14.0
Kindle: 5.12.2.2

Ah, found out what happened. Somehow I changed the setting from "Replace device with list, add new items only". When reselected, all works well.

Last edited by theengine; 09-27-2022 at 08:43 AM.
theengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:21 PM   #1250
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Reading List v1.14.0 Released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...g_list-v1.14.0
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 09:02 AM   #1251
Fynjisx
Connoisseur
Fynjisx began at the beginning.

Device: xiaomi
How to work with ReadingList?

Does anyone use the ReadingList plugin? It seems to me that it doesn't work. I create a list in it, bind it to a custom column, set a value in it that will correspond to adding to the list. I go to the library and set the value of the column there, but the book does not get into the list
Fynjisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:16 AM   #1252
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Moderator Notice
Fynjisx thread/post moved to RL plugin thread
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:58 AM   #1253
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynjisx View Post
Does anyone use the ReadingList plugin? It seems to me that it doesn't work. I create a list in it, bind it to a custom column, set a value in it that will correspond to adding to the list. I go to the library and set the value of the column there, but the book does not get into the list
Editing the column doesn't edit the Reading List. Use Reading List's add/remove..

EDIT: As mentioned below, it doesn't edit manual-populated lists. Autopopulated lists should change though. Which is yours?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-15-2022 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2022, 04:44 PM   #1254
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Editing the column doesn't edit the Reading List. Use Reading List's add/remove..
Maybe not the way you use RL, but for other people it should/does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-16 081638.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	197785

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-16 082227.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	197786

There are two problems (possibly/probably related) in that second shot:
  • The count in the RL flyout out list is sometimes off by -1
  • One of the books in the book list has no marker pin
When I tagged the Quick Start Guide it was 0.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:47 PM   #1255
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I forgot auto-populated lists exist.
Old 11-15-2022, 05:23 PM   #1256
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In the second example, would it be fixed on a restart of Calibre?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:23 PM   #1257
coaster71
coaster71 began at the beginning.

I've used Reading List (and Quality Check) for some time on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04). Great plugins. I've noticed over the last month or so that the popout menus in both have become restricted. The first level menu opens and selections from there work, like "Add to all lists", but clicking to the next level to add or view a specific list does nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin. I looked for previous versions on the GitHub page to try but couldn't spot them.
coaster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:18 PM   #1258
coaster71
coaster71 began at the beginning.

I rolled back versions of Calibre to test. The plugin works up to 6.7.1 on Linux for me. After that it shows the same limited behaviour.
coaster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:42 AM   #1259
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster71 View Post
I've used Reading List (and Quality Check) for some time on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04). Great plugins. I've noticed over the last month or so that the popout menus in both have become restricted. The first level menu opens and selections from there work, like "Add to all lists", but clicking to the next level to add or view a specific list does nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin. I looked for previous versions on the GitHub page to try but couldn't spot them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster71 View Post
I rolled back versions of Calibre to test. The plugin works up to 6.7.1 on Linux for me. After that it shows the same limited behaviour.
If you use wayland then that might be the problem. Kovid says that wayland breaks many things in calibre and that it should be avoided.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:51 AM   #1260
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kovid's solution is to avoid Wayland because it's seriously broken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote