Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-11-2024, 07:33 AM   #1
paperback
Connoisseur
paperback began at the beginning.

Device: None
Problem with File Browser overlapping Edit window

Open the attached epub in the Editor. In my case the File Browser is overlapping the edit window.

The epub was created by importing a html page as follows:

1. Open the File editor (blank)
2. Go to "File > "Import and html or docx file as a new book"
3. Press Beautify files button.
4. Double-click on imported html page etc.

(Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon)

Also the File browser doesn't tile with the rest of the program window.

[Attachment Deleted]

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-13-2024 at 03:56 PM.
paperback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:33 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Sorry but on my system, the file browser does not overlap anything unless I undock it. If you double click on the file browser's title bar does it snap back into place?

I will have to say that the file looks like the result of a poor OCR and no cleanup.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2024, 07:09 AM   #3
paperback
Connoisseur
paperback began at the beginning.

Device: None
Solved. I accidentally clicked on the undock icon. It's easy to do by mistake (I've been using Calibre for years and never noticed the undock icons).

Would it be possible to add tooltips to the close and undock icons?
paperback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 04:40 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Since those are bog standard behaviours and icons, I'm not sure if a tool tip would be useful enough to make the effort of adding them worthwhile.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 03:57 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperback View Post
Open the attached epub in the Editor. In my case the File Browser is overlapping the edit window.

The epub was created by importing a html page as follows:

1. Open the File editor (blank)
2. Go to "File > "Import and html or docx file as a new book"
3. Press Beautify files button.
4. Double-click on imported html page etc.

(Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon)

Also the File browser doesn't tile with the rest of the program window.

[Attachment Deleted]

Moderator Notice
Do NOT post unauthorised copies of copyright books on MobileRead. A repeat will result in a ban.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert