Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2022, 03:14 PM   #31
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Same here. I don't like it right up to the edge, but much smaller than the 1/4" margins I saw on the 6.8" Kindle Paperwhite. But I think you're right, this became an issue after I started using other eReaders, like Tolinos and PocketBooks. (Maybe not completely, because I remember using the hack on my no-touch Basic Kindle, so I guess it was bothering even when I mainly used just the Kindle.)
Agreed, if margins are too narrow then my thumb my shadow over it. I guess I do not have a problem with Amazon margins. There is a setting in stock Kindle for Margins (3 settings) under the layout tab while in a book.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 03:36 PM   #32
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
Agreed, if margins are too narrow then my thumb my shadow over it. I guess I do not have a problem with Amazon margins. There is a setting in stock Kindle for Margins (3 settings) under the layout tab while in a book.
Yeah, and the smallest is still too large, after you've used ereaders with smaller margins.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 12:47 AM   #33
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I wonder if your media query will work for ePub emailed to Amazon.
In my two tests, it made it through Amazon's munging process.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:34 AM   #34
Flaviocc
Zealot
Flaviocc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW5 / Kobo Aura One
Quote:
In the Convert requestor, under Look & feel, go to the Styling tab and you can put it in under extra CSS.
ok Tks Jon.

This is correct?

htm
margin-right: -45px;
margin-left: -45px;
break-inside: avoid !important;
}

Is HTM or HTML?
Flaviocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:38 AM   #35
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaviocc View Post
This is correct?
No. There are multiple problems with that snippet of CSS.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:40 AM   #36
Flaviocc
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
No. There are multiple problems with that snippet of CSS.
Tks Jhowell,

can you point me a correct one pls? (to reduce side margins when convert books to azw3 in calibre).
Old 08-02-2022, 01:07 PM   #37
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Tks Jhowell,

can you point me a correct one pls? (to reduce side margins when convert books to azw3 in calibre).
I will leave it to JSWolf to correct it. He is usually very active on this site.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:32 PM   #38
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
I will leave it to JSWolf to correct it. He is usually very active on this site.
Except in retracting or correcting his own errors.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 04:30 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
If you are using a Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era, or Tolino Vision 6, you would not have a problem with your thumb casting a shadow as they have a wise bit on the bezel that you use to hold. They are all of similar design.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 04:32 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
In my two tests, it made it through Amazon's munging process.
Impressive. So I would think you could also add soft-hyphens to the ePub and they would keep.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:35 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
ok Tks Jon.

This is correct?

htm
margin-right: -45px;
margin-left: -45px;
break-inside: avoid !important;
}

Is HTM or HTML?
It's HTML {

Sorry for the mistake. It's been corrected. But, @DNSB's code with the media query will work best.
Old 08-03-2022, 05:03 PM   #42
Flaviocc
Zealot

Quote:
Tks

Quote:
It's HTML {

Sorry for the mistake. It's been corrected. But, @DNSB's code with the media query will work best.
Tks I will try.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:41 PM   #43
DenS
Connoisseur
DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Code:
@media amzn-kf8 {
  html {
    margin-left: -50px;
    margin-right: -50px;
  }
}
On kindle it works great, but on the kindle app the words are cut off. Maybe I did something wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle.png
Views:	75
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	195623   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle app (android).png
Views:	68
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	195624   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.png
Views:	69
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	195625  

Last edited by DenS; 08-04-2022 at 11:28 AM.
DenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:14 PM   #44
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenS View Post
On kindle it works great, but on the kindle app the words are cut off. Maybe I did something wrong?
Sounds like a behaviour difference between the renderer used on the eInk Kindle and the renderer used in the Android app. I haven't noticed that behaviour on my Android tablet but that does have a 16x10 screen aspect ratio compared to the image of your Android phone with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. What is the actual width/height of your screen in pixels?

You might try changing the -50px to -3em though I'm not certain that will work but it's worth trying.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:00 PM   #45
DenS
Connoisseur
DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DenS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE
My phone screen is 1080 x 2340 pixels.
I changed the margins to -3em but it didn't work.
DenS is offline   Reply With Quote