Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Where You Live

Here's a lounge thread that ties into my vent/rant. =)

Where do you live? What do you like/dislike about your location?

I'll start.

I like the location. It's close to the beach. But I never go. The last time I went to the beach, K's purse was almost stolen from right under her as we napped on the sand. The crime rate is out of control and getting worse by the day, regardless of the "sharp decrease over the past ten years."

It may be less. But now it's everywhere. Before it was confined to maybe one or two streets, now it's pretty much just taken over the metro. The Sheriff's helicopter flies over my condo nightly. And I live in a nice community. It's mostly old timers/retirees and snowbirds, but the few of us that live here all year work hard.

The temperatures are out of control along with the humidity. It's a slingshot, one day we've got 50's and 60's, the next it's almost 90. Today was pleasant with the high in the mid-70's. Right now it's in the mid-60's. Humidity is manageable at best this evening. But it's not a windows open night like I would like.

The area is the capital of urban sprawl. There's lots of shops and things to do, but they've pretty much devoured the last bits of farmland and grass. I like shopping, my credit cards don't. City Place is pretty.

Our unemployment rate is hovering around 12 - 15%. We're in the top 10 for most foreclosures. It's so blighted and depressing. And flat.

And people are crazy.

But the beach is nice!!

There. Now I feel better. Guess it's your turn.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I moved to rural Illinois from rural Texas five years ago Jan. 29th. Comparing the two...

Illinois smells better than anyplace I've ever lived - no more eau de cattle ranch.
Winter in Illinois lasts forever. And it's COLD.
Summer in Texas is HOT and miserable. And lasts forever.
Much greener in Illinois - except during the winter, of course.
More flora and fauna in Illinois to admire.
Texas is a state of mind.
Dressing up in Texas consists of jeans and a nice shirt.
Dressing up in Illinois consists of the "little black dress" that looks stupid on me.
Politics in Illinois is a complete farce.
Texas congressmen go to Oklahoma to escape voting on something they don't want to deal with.
Texas has more characters.
Illinois had Al Capone.
Texas has BRISKET!
Illinois has Chicago style pizza.

I'd call it a draw, except for one thing - the benefit that Illinois has that makes it the clear winner - Illinois has my Chris
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I come from the land of cheap wine and cheaper women. Met a good girl at church and 15 years and 2500 miles later here I am.

barstow Ca married with 4 children for the win.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote