Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
Nolari
Nolari began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
EPub comics without DRM became buggy

Hello Everyone.
I decided recently to remove all DRM from the books I bought using DeDRM 6.5.4. Among them was a comicbook I bought on Kobo website which was (surprinsingly) in Epub format. I could read it perfectly fine when I just bought with all the DRM. But now that I removed the DRM from this comicsbook.epub, each page is stretched and divided in 4 different parts.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for your help!
Nolari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
MR Policy prohibits any help with DRM removal.
Visit the place you got those tools.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
Nolari

Oh well. Glory to closed systems and books that do not really belong to us even if we pay for it. Huzzah
Old 10-16-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Load one of these comics into Calibre and use the editor to have a look at the images and the code and see what's what. Maybe it's a simple fix.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:16 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolari View Post
Oh well. Glory to closed systems and books that do not really belong to us even if we pay for it. Huzzah
Did I say I was HAPPY with this situation

We still need to follow the rules to keep MR safe from 'the DMCA man'
Advert
Old 10-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #6
Nolari

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Load one of these comics into Calibre and use the editor to have a look at the images and the code and see what's what. Maybe it's a simple fix.
Hm I tried fiddling with the CSS and it kinda work. In the sense that I was able to put the image at the correct size, however my Kobo is now adding a white page after every page, so it is not really great. But thanks! I will keep searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did I say I was HAPPY with this situation

We still need to follow the rules to keep MR safe from 'the DMCA man'

Ooouh the 'DMCA Man'... Worse than the boggey Man and Beetle Juice I reckon. But I am not doing anything illegal, I just want to be able to save the comic book in my calibre library where I have my complete book collection rather than using the stupid Adobe Editions thing. And to be able to transfer easily the book I bought from my Kobo to the computer.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Talking about this Comic book after the DRM has been removed is not an issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Talking about this Comic book after the DRM has been removed is not an issue.
But the removal was not flawless. We can't help him doing the 'proper look' removal.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Isn't the "Kindle Comic Converter" still around? I don't know how the stock readers, on your Glo HD, handle .cbz files, but you could always use KOReader for that.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #10
Nolari

Hey Hello Ken, thanks for your answer, I had kind of given up all this time.
I came back to say that I have found a solution, and I wanted to share it (eventhough it might be more difficult than using your App, I haven't tried it yet.

So, using calibre and the DRM plugin, I imported my unreadable comic-book into my library (Originally, it was in a E-pub format).
Using calibre, I converted it into .zip, which gave me .jpeg for each pages.
After which, I used a program named "Comic Book Archive creator" to re-create the comic book in a .cbz format using all of the .jpeg images from the .zip.

Kind of a very DIY solution, but it worked.