Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
er0ck
er0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle (4th gen)
Question upgraded, previously "special offers" screensavers kindle4

Hi all,
i recently paid to remove "special offers" on a kindle4.
but of course the screensaver (letterpress printing letters) still says "Please connect wirelessly to download the latest Special Offers" all the time.

amazon help says there is no way to choose screensavers (maybe other than installing some $ screensaver pack).
anyone know how to get the authors screensaver like the "premium" kindles on there? i'm open to jailbreaking, etc
or a better screensaver? my sony reader had one that would loop through personal pictures. or maybe cover images of my installed books?

i've searched in here and elsewhere.

thanks!
er0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Amazon has had problems in the past with disabling screensavers.

Just get back in touch with them and tell them they are not yet gone - try again.
Some people have reported that it took Amazon several tries to make them go away.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
er0ck
er0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheeseer0ck can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle (4th gen)
thanks

thanks, i'll try contacting amazon again.

anyone know of any other third-party/jailbreak/free screensavers that might be more useful or interesting?

thanks!
er0ck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle4, screensaver, special offers