Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 04:33 AM   #1051
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
I wonder if a plugin could be developed that would enable books in the Mobi format to take advantage of the new bold slider. Looks like I'm going to be left with a number of books that this would apply to, and the Booklerly font with just a little boldness makes a big difference in reading pleasure.

Jim
The bold slider is never going to work with Mobi and no plugin can help.

Convert these Mobi eBooks to KF8 and the bold slider will work. Mobi is obsolete and has had it. Give it up. If you are emailing and that's why you have Mobi, stop it. If you are converting to Mobi, stop it. If you have Mobi because that's what you downloaded from Amazon, try again in case any of those eBooks have been updated to to include KF8. If you still get Mobi, convert to KF8 on send to your Kindle via Calibre.

If you aren't removing the DRM, go to https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/ and you can find all about DRM removing with Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #1052
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
That's a comprehensive reply, but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem. Converting a book from Mobi to AZW3 does not produce a boldness slider and I was trying to find a solution to this problem.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #1053
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
bold control with 5 levels of bold settings

Firmware?

Quote:
There’s a bold control with 5 levels of bold settings
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...font-settings/

Quote:
Last updated on October 12th, 2017 Yesterday when Amazon announced the new 7″ Kindle Oasis, the press release also mentioned a software update for current Kindles to add some of the new features that are going to be available on the 2nd gen Oasis.

The new firmware version is 5.8.11 and it’s available for all Kindles from the Paperwhite 2 and newer.

That includes the current and previous $79 entry-level Kindles, the Kindle Voyage, the 1st gen Kindle Oasis, and of course the Paperwhite 2 and 3.

The update adds three new features. There’s a bold control with 5 levels of bold settings that work with all included font types, they added more font sizes (14 total), and now in-book search results show chapter headings within results.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #1054
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
The boldness slider only works if the book is in AZW3 format, and only, apparently, if the book arrives from Amazon already in that format. If you get a book in Mobi format from whatever source and convert it to AZW3 in Calibre, it does not produce the boldness option.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #1055
Ray99
Ray99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Next in series

I use the tag "_read" when I've finished reading a book. At any time I have many series on the go and I would like to be able to search for the first unread book in each of the series of which I have read at least one book.
Ray99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #1056
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Next in series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray99 View Post
I use the tag "_read" when I've finished reading a book. At any time I have many series on the go and I would like to be able to search for the first unread book in each of the series of which I have read at least one book.

No need for a brand new plug-in. The Multi-Column Search (MCS) plug-in already can do what you are requesting via its Tab named "SQL Query".

See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...87#post3596387

The post is number 225, and has the title "Next in series".

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:05 AM   #1057
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
The boldness slider only works if the book is in AZW3 format, and only, apparently, if the book arrives from Amazon already in that format. If you get a book in Mobi format from whatever source and convert it to AZW3 in Calibre, it does not produce the boldness option.

Jim
The bold slider works with the included fonts with KFX. Mobi is now even more obsolete then before. So stay away from Mobi.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:36 AM   #1058
Ray99
Ray99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
No need for a brand new plug-in. The Multi-Column Search (MCS) plug-in already can do what you are requesting via its Tab named "SQL Query".

See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...87#post3596387

The post is number 225, and has the title "Next in series".

DaltonST
Fabulous. Thank you.
Ray99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:58 AM   #1059
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Multi-Books Editor

A plugin that have the ability to search/find in multi books
  1. HTML content
  2. plain text
  3. CSS/xpgt stylesheet
  4. OPF maifest
  5. NCX TOC
And have the function replace and replace all.

Last edited by oren64; 10-23-2017 at 05:12 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #1060
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
A plugin that have the ability to search/find in multi books
  1. HTML content
  2. plain text
  3. CSS/xpgt stylesheet
  4. OPF maifest
  5. NCX TOC
And have the function replace and replace all.
2 of Kiwidudes Plugins do most of these for EPUB

Quality Check (finds)
ModifyEPUB (changes)

BTW Polish (built in) also cleans some of these

All assumes a Valid EPUB to start (plain text is not valid, OPF manifest IS)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #1061
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Rellwood:

There is a GUI Tool in Job Spy called "Visualize Metadata" that has an Export to .csv option. The exported .csv has a count by each value for each metadata value for a single metadata column (author, etc.). It does not export a count for all metadata column counts all at once. Its purpose is to "visualize" a single metadata column's top 50 values via a Pie Chart, and export all values (not just the top 50) to a .csv for use in a spreadsheet or other tool.

DaltonST
I keep adding and removing Job Spy because I always have something go wrong when I use it. I will try it again.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:19 AM   #1062
Celebi
Celebi began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 623
would it be possible to created metadata parser for novelupdates.com?
Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:20 AM   #1063
iossif
iossif began at the beginning.

Not found font list.

Hi,

I might be doing everything wrong, but I am consistently now polishing my epubs, after I verify their metadata and dress them in nice covers.

My problem is, I choose to embed fonts and I often see fonts listed as "not found."

I was dreaming of a plug in that could keep a list of the fonts that were not found, so I can maybe find and install them.
iossif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:23 PM   #1064
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by iossif View Post
Hi,

I might be doing everything wrong, but I am consistently now polishing my epubs, after I verify their metadata and dress them in nice covers.

My problem is, I choose to embed fonts and I often see fonts listed as "not found."

I was dreaming of a plug in that could keep a list of the fonts that were not found, so I can maybe find and install them.
I wonder if running calibre with the DEBUG mode active would leave that info in the log?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:03 AM   #1065
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It would be really nice with a plugin who could fetch annotations from android readers like Mantano or moonreader?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development