Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
My ongoing experience with the Onyx Boox M92

First off, for those who don't know, my name was drawn for the Murder Mystery Contest that took place a month ago. My particular prize being a Onyx Boox 92! And now that I have received the device I've decided to make a series of videos documenting my personal experience with it... starting with the obligatory unboxing:

(Note: Existing owners may find my ignorance intolerable)

I do apologize for the quality of the video. All I had to work with was my D90 and a couple 40w daylight bulbs. And yes, the box was unfortunately dented up when it arrived.

PS. Could someone confirm the actual pronunciation of "Onyx Boox" for future reference?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hey, I love my D90. Maybe not for video, but I love the camera.

I had to watch. I've always wanted to know what the hands of evil look like.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Congrats on getting the best 10' reader on the market for free!
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Hey, I love my D90. Maybe not for video, but I love the camera.

I had to watch. I've always wanted to know what the hands of evil look like.
Oh don't get me wrong, I love my D90 too! It's just that without a flip out screen or autofocus while recording, trying to use it to record video of myself is quite problematic. What I might do though is go out and pick up a mini-HDMI adapter so I can use the TV behind it as a viewfinder. That would at least solve the first problem.

Eh, how do you know those aren't the hands of a human marionette?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
Congrats on getting the best 10' reader on the market for free!
Thank you!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks Dylrob. Looking forward to your next video.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thanks Dylrob. Looking forward to your next video.

You have a cute little housemate.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

After much unfortunate delay, I bring you episode 2 of my video series! This time I'm taking a look at the basic features of the device:

Don't bother scheduling that eye example. In order to get more than five minutes of video out of my camera I had to lower the quality to standard definition(ish). A fact which I conveniently forgot while recording.

Tags
ferret mania, murder mystery contest, onyx boox m92, video log