Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
ErikaGC
ErikaGC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Exclamation Sending books to Kindle

I am having problem sending e-books to my kindle using Calibre, I have three books I need to add, but every time I send one then another, the first one gets removed, then when I add that one again the second one gets removed. the green arrows indicate it.
What can I do?
ErikaGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Choose the "Email to" and not the "Email to and delete from library" option.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
ErikaGC

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
And where can I find that option?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
ErikaGC

Quote:
Or, why is this happening? Why would it remove the previous book from my device and add the current one instead? I really need help fixing this, this is the only problem I am having with Calibre, other than that, it is an awesome program.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you are saying books are being removed from the Kindle, not from your calibre library? In that case it has nothing to do with calibre, since when sending by email, calibre has no control whatsoever over what happens on your Kindle. Most likely the Kindle is removing the old book because it thinks it is the same book as the new one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
ErikaGC

Quote:
Are you are saying books are being removed from the Kindle, not from your calibre library? In that case it has nothing to do with calibre, since when sending by email, calibre has no control whatsoever over what happens on your Kindle. Most likely the Kindle is removing the old book because it thinks it is the same book as the new one.
Yeah that is what I meant, it is removing them from the Kindle, it is still in the library. What can I do to change this? Or are there setting in the kindle I can change?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
drdancm
Enthusiast
drdancm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I suggest you change the name of the file that is giving you trouble. Perhaps Kindle thinks you are loading the same file that already exists. If you have 3 files change part of the filename so all 3 are unique.

I think you should be able to change the name if you use the Metafile Icon once the file or book is highlighted.
drdancm is offline   Reply With Quote