Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #106
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Weird, maybe there is some bug with it. What iOS version, Kobo app version, and exact device type are you running? Also, could you post a link to where you got that book from, maybe we're not picking it up for that book for some reason.

As for the other awards, just heard back that, at present, they were for 2010 only, so you cannot gain them at present.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #107
TurtleTots
TurtleTots began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Weird, maybe there is some bug with it. What iOS version, Kobo app version, and exact device type are you running? Also, could you post a link to where you got that book from, maybe we're not picking it up for that book for some reason.

As for the other awards, just heard back that, at present, they were for 2010 only, so you cannot gain them at present.

guessing its a bug I have iPhone 4 ios version 4.3.5, and i downloaded the app version is 5.0.1

the book I have a read 4 times is this one: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17135

I know it's short, but my daughter likes it lol
I have finished 3 other books that I got from epub.com, the stats say that I have finished 4 books, so I'm guessing that they qualify???

As for the awards thanks! I hope that there will be holiday ones this year
thanks!

Last edited by TurtleTots; 12-04-2011 at 08:00 PM.
TurtleTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #108
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTots View Post
guessing its a bug I have iPhone 4 ios version 4.3.5, and i downloaded the app version is 5.0.1

the book I have a read 4 times is this one: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17135

I know it's short, but my daughter likes it lol
I have finished 3 other books that I got from epub.com, the stats say that I have finished 4 books, so I'm guessing that they qualify???

As for the awards thanks! I hope that there will be holiday ones this year
thanks!
Thanks for the link. I'll try and have a look when I've got some spare time.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #109
Mebooklover
Mebooklover began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by verano View Post
Freebie Kobo Award!!!

Great news for anyone wanting to add on another 'secret' award- you can get the "Dead Reckoning" award without having to buy a book.

Search for the Sookie Stackhouse book 'dead reckoning', and then just download (and 'read') the free preview (I did it on my ipad 2, not sure if it works across all devices) and you get the award.

Whew, saved from having to read actual vampire books just so I can methodically (and crazily) collect all awards! lol
Thanks Verano!

I tried it both on my Kobo Vox and my Android smartphone but I couldn't get the award in either device.

Then again it's nothing new since my devices cannot seem to unlock a lot of awards. When I wrote to Kobo about it they gave me some nonsensical advice that doesn't work.
Mebooklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #110
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebooklover View Post
Thanks Verano!

I tried it both on my Kobo Vox and my Android smartphone but I couldn't get the award in either device.

Then again it's nothing new since my devices cannot seem to unlock a lot of awards. When I wrote to Kobo about it they gave me some nonsensical advice that doesn't work.
The Sookie Stackhouse awards are currently only available for the iOS app, though they shouldn't be able to be earned with a preview anyways…
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #111
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
The Sookie Stackhouse awards are currently only available for the iOS app, though they shouldn't be able to be earned with a preview anyways…
Dead Reckoning activates with the preview, but the others don't.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #112
Mebooklover

Quote:
It seems there are quite a few awards only available on the iOS app that you can't get on Kobo Touch, Vox or even android. I was missing some awards and wrote to Kobo and was told that the awards that I was missing weren't available on my device.

Does anyone know whether there are awards specific to Kobo Touch, Vox, android, that you can't get on iOS? I am curious whether Kobo planned to have awards distributed in a device specific way.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #113
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebooklover View Post
It seems there are quite a few awards only available on the iOS app that you can't get on Kobo Touch, Vox or even android. I was missing some awards and wrote to Kobo and was told that the awards that I was missing weren't available on my device.

Does anyone know whether there are awards specific to Kobo Touch, Vox, android, that you can't get on iOS? I am curious whether Kobo planned to have awards distributed in a device specific way.
A full list of which awards are available on which platforms was posted earlier in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=92

I believe the only award not available on iOS is a new Vox-specific award tied to fixed layout ePubs, eReading Rainbow.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #114
Mebooklover

Quote:
A full list of which awards are available on which platforms was posted earlier in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=92

I believe the only award not available on iOS is a new Vox-specific award tied to fixed layout ePubs, eReading Rainbow.
OMG, you know I looked at that list and totally forgot about it about five seconds after I looked at it. Thanks for pointing it out to me again I will have a closer look at what my award earning potential is.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #115
TurtleTots

OK people, the strangest thing is happening to my 'all you can eat' award. I completed the award on Dec 3rd. and the 2 days ago, it told me I only had 80%. I was looking at my awards tonight (I got the twain award ) and now it says I have 50%!?!?!?!?!?! WTF???????
Old 12-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #116
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTots View Post
OK people, the strangest thing is happening to my 'all you can eat' award. I completed the award on Dec 3rd. and the 2 days ago, it told me I only had 80%. I was looking at my awards tonight (I got the twain award ) and now it says I have 50%!?!?!?!?!?! WTF???????
I think if you delete books and you go below 40 total in your library, it removes some of your progress.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #117
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I have all the awards on the KT. Have I finished, or will more awards be added?
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #118
verano
verano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
I have all the awards on the KT. Have I finished, or will more awards be added?

I would also love, love, LOVE to see new awards made (for any/all systems).
verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #119
TurtleTots

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriel View Post
I think if you delete books and you go below 40 total in your library, it removes some of your progress.
thanks but, I haven't removed any books and once you earn the award you shouldn't loose it. It just doesn't make sense to me lol
Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #120
Sharkus
Evangelist

If the award was earn and was successfully synced to the server then you should not lose it, unless something went awry when it tried to save it up to the server.

Is this Kobo Touch or iOS where you are seeing the problem?

Tags
awards, reading life, touch