Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 AM   #46
TulagiHotel-HH
Enthusiast
TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!TulagiHotel-HH is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox View Post
Hiya, Heikki! Long time no see! I remember Tulagi Hotel from my time on authonomy - IIRC I thought it was rather good, albeit a long way off my usual beaten track of SF&F. I see Matthew published Pistols... through diiarts as well - do they have a deal with authonomy? (I've been ignoring the marketing emails, since my book isn't finished yet and I want to exhaust the trad route first.)

Oops, almost forgot to mention - I'm Anne Lyle. I joined this site a while back, when I was still mainly using my old email account name as a forum username. You may recall a certain Elizabethan rogue and his money problems...
Hey, Anne! Diiarts is formed by people from Autho, but is fiercely independent, and publishes great books by great people, and occasionally some niche historical fiction from non-native debut authors from a Nordic country. I do remember your book and have no doubt I will pick it up from a shelf in a bookstore some day.

Best regards

Heikki
TulagiHotel-HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:01 AM   #47
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle
Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Ah, that makes sense - I remember there was a lot of talk about writers' cooperatives when I was on authonomy. Glad to hear it is working out for you guys!

And thanks for the vote of confidence! Yes, I shall be submitting my manuscript to the big boys later this year. We shall see...
Redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 02:28 AM   #48
littleredplanet
littleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enoughlittleredplanet will become famous soon enough

Device: kobo
Interesting thread. I hate to admit it but I'm a cover guy. If the cover looked cheap or unimpressive, I don't usually buy and would never 'impulse' buy a book with a dodgy cover. I don't write worth a damn but I do a fair bit of photography and graphic design work. I'd be interested in collaborating with an author on a book cover design just to see what materialises. Give me a buzz if you want to discuss further.

cheers
dale
littleredplanet is offline   Reply With Quote