Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-02-2022, 05:41 AM   #1
glenm
glenm began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
Finding mising EBook files

I've written a small utility in C# that will analyze a Caliber Library and list all the books that are in the Caliber metadata database but do not exist on disc.

The source can be found here - https://github.com/glenm80/CaliberMissing

No binaries will be supplied by me

It's written on Windows 10, in C#, using Visual Studio 2022 Community utilizing Dot Net 4.7.2 and the only dependency is on SQLite Core which is obtained from NuGet. Note that this is NOT the Microsoft SQLite Core but the SQLite project version.

If you are installing VS 2022 you only need install the .Net Desktop Development Workload.

The program extracts a list of all book formats that Caliber thinks exist from the metadata database and verifies that those files actual reside on the hard drive.

The list of books can be exported to a text/csv by Right Clicking the list and exporting the data.

This is part of a larger project I'm working on that will allow me to explore my Caliber libraries in a different fashion and view the metadata in the ebook as well as the metadata held in Caliber.
glenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 05:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
FYI, this already exists in calibre, Library maintenance -> Check library
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2022, 06:19 AM   #3
glenm
glenm began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
FYI, this already exists in calibre, Library maintenance -> Check library
I knew this from another thread.

I wrote the program because I like writing code not because it was something new I also thought it may be interesting to someone. .

Last edited by glenm; 02-02-2022 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
glenm is offline   Reply With Quote