Notices

Old 10-15-2003, 10:34 PM   #1
pghart
pghart began at the beginning.

Device: NX80
Talking Plucker 1.6 Released - HIRES+ and LANDSCAPE

I also posted this at ClieSource:

Quote From PalmGear:

Plucker 1.6 is out, and is the best release thus far. There are many new features in this release, building on the success and feedback from users of previous Plucker releases.

Plucker now fully supports high-resolution screens (such asthose found on Sony [such as the UX50], Handera, and newer Palm handhelds [such as the Tungsten T2 and Tungsten T3]), virtual graffiti, scale-to-fit, zoomed images, HTML tables, screen rotation, and more!

Check it out at http://www.plkr.org

Also get Jplk for document conversion at http://jpluck.sourceforge.net/

This is going to give Avantgo, and ISilo a good run.

So far for me it looks fantastic on my NX80 with landscape in full screen.

-Patrick
pghart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:33 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I still have Plucker 1.4 or so installed on my PDA. Hardly use it right now though. How well is table supporting working now I wonder? Last time I had the problem that when the document gets too big, tables became very sluggish.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2003, 10:17 AM   #3
pghart
pghart began at the beginning.

Device: NX80
eh, its better but not as good as Isilo. But the jpeg rendering and scrolling is so fast.. Isilo really needs some work in the graphic speed.. I have a NX80 and it should be so quick, but it's disappointing how slow it really is.

Patrick
pghart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 07:53 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghart
eh, its better but not as good as Isilo. But the jpeg rendering and scrolling is so fast.. Isilo really needs some work in the graphic speed.. I have a NX80 and it should be so quick, but it's disappointing how slow it really is.

Patrick
I will definitely give the new Plucker a try. Anyone interested in writing an update to my older iSilo-Plucker review?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:27 AM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghart
I also posted this at ClieSource:
Plucker now fully supports high-resolution screens (such asthose found on Sony [such as the UX50], Handera, and newer Palm handhelds [such as the Tungsten T2 and Tungsten T3]), virtual graffiti, scale-to-fit, zoomed images, HTML tables, screen rotation, and more! ...
Uhm, I tested the new Plucker release on a T3 but virtual graffiti (320x480) didn't seem to work (only 320x320). At the same time, had no problem here with iSilo.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
palmdoc
palmdoc began at the beginning.

Device: Treo650/DexllAxim x50v
Cool

I concur. 320x480 with the T3 is not supported even with the DIAs installed. iSilo works but not Plucker 1.61
It is Codediveable but the result is flaky - the listing of the Plucker documents in the library can't be seen.
I wish Plucker would support side scrolling.....
palmdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 01:15 PM   #7
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I am probably in a minority, but I have never liked Plucker. I have always found it slower and more cumbersome than iSilo. It has so many configurability options, it is clear to me that it was designed by and for computer minds far more knowledgeable than mine. Besides I don't want to spend the time such tinkering takes. And I have never gotten the JPluck conduit to work at all: if I had, I might feel differently about the product. radleyp
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote