Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2020, 07:31 AM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Kobo Worldwide Store?

I just googled "Kobo nastaliq" and was taken to a link for a book that features Urdu poems in both devanagari (which I can read) and nastaliq (which I can't). I'd love to buy it because I love the beauty of nastaliq as a calligraphic script, but the page said

"This is our Worldwide store.You need a Worldwide address to shop on our Worldwide store." This is a first for me, when I selected my relevant country, the book was no longer available, but I've never before heard of a "Kobo worldwide store". Does anyone know what regions it covers, and how to access it? What exactly is a "worldwide address"? I'm assuming that Seneca's famous "(non sum uni angulo natus), patria mea totus hic mundus est " wouldn't cut it?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:01 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Don't know about worldwide, but the book is available in India. So I guess you'd have to "travel" there.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:05 AM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Don't know about worldwide, but the book is available in India. So I guess you'd have to "travel" there.
Yep - it's widely available in many store, but not mine. It's amusingly paradoxical that "worldwide" "does not mean what you think it means", according to Kobo, apparently.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:18 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Yep - it's widely available in many store, but not mine. It's amusingly paradoxical that "worldwide" "does not mean what you think it means", according to Kobo, apparently.
Well, the whole geographical thing is pretty absurd when it comes to digital goods. And yet it continues to thrive.

Reminds me when I wanted to buy the latest Oasis. Amazon.com told me to buy it from Amazon.de, which told me they won't ship to my country and to buy it from Amazon.com international store. Which told me to buy it from Amazon.de and so on and so forth. I felt like a lab mouse made to run in circles.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote