Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-29-2020, 05:37 PM   #61
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Hey Y'all,

Reviving this thread to get some feedback from the users!

Please take 5 minutes to fill out this survey we put together so we can get more data on which direction to take CC.

https://forms.gle/tNxrPfRHsvCYbkxk9

This thread's info was great and we have already started working on some new features based on it.

Thanks,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:58 PM   #62
Doctor13
Cosa Nostra Grammatica
Doctor13 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
The only one I would use is multi-tag, but I would use that all the time!
Doctor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:40 AM   #63
Zealousky
Zealousky began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
I replied to the survey, but to expand on it:

I am seriously subscription adverse. I get that you want to generate more money for development, but that doesn't change my outlook. I'd really like to see you expand your money model with a pricey one-time fee option. Say $50 ish dollars? The subscription model is why I marked it as a low recommendation and iffy on the worth it. Otherwise I think its great and have been using the (already paid for) software for years.

Also, it pretty much does (Android version) what I want it to do. Move books from my Calibre library into my Moon+ Reader folder. I don't use any fancy things. About the only minor thing it could do better is check Moon's read function to automatically update the read column in CC.

As a major thing I would love it if you would bundle a reading program with it so I could just ditch Moon+, but thats a heavy lift.

Thanks
Zealousky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:37 PM   #64
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealousky View Post
I replied to the survey, but to expand on it:

I am seriously subscription adverse. I get that you want to generate more money for development, but that doesn't change my outlook. I'd really like to see you expand your money model with a pricey one-time fee option. Say $50 ish dollars? The subscription model is why I marked it as a low recommendation and iffy on the worth it. Otherwise I think its great and have been using the (already paid for) software for years.

Also, it pretty much does (Android version) what I want it to do. Move books from my Calibre library into my Moon+ Reader folder. I don't use any fancy things. About the only minor thing it could do better is check Moon's read function to automatically update the read column in CC.

As a major thing I would love it if you would bundle a reading program with it so I could just ditch Moon+, but thats a heavy lift.

Thanks
Hey,

Thanks you for taking the survey, we really appreciate feedback.

So a couple things:

1. One time pricey fee, its something we have debated but we also feel like pushing up the price to $20 or something just seems like such a high barrier to entry. We want users to feel out the experience using CC before they pay.

2. You can have CC update "Read" when you open the book and start reading. It is a setting under "Marking books read"

3. The reader in app is a heavy heavy lift and we have considered this.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:17 PM   #65
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Survey asks for 'value for money' - given that right now I only paid for original CC (well, on Google AND Amazon stores because I thought it costs TOO little) and never got any subscription prompts - how I should respond?

If you plan to add subscription to android - please make at least yearly (or more) one too.
Every new transaction is issue for me. (it's not AMOUNT itself, it's just additional transaction).
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:56 AM   #66
scurrell
scurrell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 4 XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
If you plan to add subscription to android - please make at least yearly (or more) one too.
Every new transaction is issue for me. (it's not AMOUNT itself, it's just additional transaction).
I agree. Everything seems to be going the way of subscriptions now, and it's difficult to keep track.
scurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:53 AM   #67
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurrell View Post
I agree. Everything seems to be going the way of subscriptions now, and it's difficult to keep track.
There is possible solution I saw used in apps which doesn't require developer's server resources or require very little server resources (like Plex or Zenmoney) but need to support development.
Lifetime license. As far as I remember it's about 70 USD for Plex (regular Plex's monthly subscription is 2.99 USD so Lifetime license cost is about 2.5 years for Plex).
I do have Plex lifetime license.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:53 AM   #68
scurrell
scurrell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 4 XL
I'm certainly in favour of a fire-and-forget lifetime license, as long as it's not ridiculously priced.
scurrell is offline   Reply With Quote