Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 11:47 AM   #2836
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@baf: Great minds think alike .

I happen to have a watch on releases of your MOBI implementation, and I just saw the mobitool cover thing, and I was just thinking of looking into trying it out .

As you said, can't really drop Python entirely because KFX, but that'd still allow me to drop my outdated and mangled copy of KindleUnpack that doesn't support Python 3 because I'm too lazy to rebase it ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:10 PM   #2837
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
@NiLuJe
I added cover feature to mobitool just for the sake of screensavers hack mod. Just a few lines of code. Glad it may be useful for you.
BTW I didn't realize the ss hack is such a complex code. Impressive!
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #2838
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Anyway for my use it is not needed as I don't buy books on Amazon.
I also don't buy books on Amazon (mostly), but I do use the KFX format through excellent KFX output plugin, 'cause they display much better on the Kindle. I wouldn't dismiss kfx that easy if I were you...
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:15 PM   #2839
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
I wouldn't dismiss kfx that easy if I were you...
Interesting, but now I realized that KFX is probably not even supported on my old Touch with 5.3.x firmware.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:20 PM   #2840
Kinki
Member Retired
Kinki has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PW4
Question Random Screen saver hack isn't working

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@baf: Great minds think alike .

I Python.
I have latest python installed + screensaver hack
Although cover hack works fine but custom random image hack isn't working

FW is latest 5.13.1 can I have old builds of SS hack to try them or install specific python version?

As default it automatically switches screensaver to lastscreen hack
Kinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:28 PM   #2841
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Kinki: That's just because you have broken images in your image pool. An old version won't help you, that codepath doesn't depend on Python, and hasn't been touched in *years*.

See the docs/FAQ.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:49 PM   #2842
Kinki
Member Retired
Kinki has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PW4
Thanks, let me process them again JFK % is set 100 and Pixels 1448x1072
Kinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:54 PM   #2843
NiLuJe
BLAM!

You'll also have to reboot the device, once the ScreenSaver code hits an image it doesn't like, it's stuck until the next boot.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:40 AM   #2844
titanick
titanick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (B011)
Failing integrity check when installing on Touch

Hi there, first time posting on this forum so please bear with me. I've just jailbroken my Kindle Touch and I was following the instructions to install the ScreenSaver hack. However, it keeps failing (After checking the package, it immediately goes to "Destroying Package"). Here is the MRPI log output:

Spoiler:

[2015-04-01 @ 08:12:26 +0759] :: [MRPI r17659] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_touch_pw.bin' (linkss 0.25.N I K5) . . .

Extracting update package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_touch_pw.bin' to '/var/tmp/mrpi/staging'.
Bundle SP01 (Signing Envelope)
Cert number 0
Cert file pubdevkey01.pem (Developer)
Bundle FD04 (Versionless [vls])
Bundle Type OTA V2
Minimum OTA 0
Target OTA 18446744073709551615
Devices 9
Device Kindle 5 Touch WiFi (0x11)
Device Kindle 5 Touch WiFi+3G (0x0F)
Device Kindle 5 Touch WiFi+3G Europe (0x10)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi (0x24)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G (0x1B)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Canada (0x1C)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Europe (0x1D)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Japan (0x1F)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Brazil (0x20)
Critical 0
Padding Byte 0 (0x00)
MD5 Hash 51381465258de2bc5ebb85f474e06f7e
Metadata 7
Metastring PackageName=ScreenSavers
Metastring PackageVersion=0.25.N-r17657
Metastring PackageAuthor=NiLuJe
Metastring PackageMaintainer=NiLuJe
Metastring PackagedWith=KindleTool v1.6.5.214-g54736a4 built by portage@localhost on Gentoo
Metastring PackagedBy=niluje@tyrande
Metastring PackagedOn=2020-08-01 @ 01:36:59 UTC
Integrity check failed! Header: '51381465258de2bc5ebb85f474e06f7e' vs Package: '40ce7ba332b80128947ed32906c67d0c'.

Failed to extract package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_touch_pw.bin' (linkss 0.25.N I K5), skipping . . .

I don't really understand the output, since I would have thought the integrity check would be one of the most basic checks to pass and I'm not sure why I would be the only one to have it. My "Update Your Kindle" IS greyed out, though I'm not sure why. I didn't update my Kindle after jailbreaking it.

What I've (not) done:
I didn't modify the file.
I ran Install MR Packages with the kindle unplugged.
I am not subscribed to special offers.
I'm planning on using the cycle mode.

This might or might not be relevant:

Spoiler:

I previously encountered "Illegal Instruction" error before I got the "Integrity Check fail" error,

Spoiler:

[2020-08-01 @ 15:39:47 +0759] :: [MRPI r17659] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_touch_pw.bin' (linkss 0.25.N I K5) . . .

Extracting update package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_touch_pw.bin' to '/var/tmp/mrpi/staging'.
Bundle SP01 (Signing Envelope)
Cert number 0
Cert file pubdevkey01.pem (Developer)
Bundle FD04 (Versionless [vls])
Bundle Type OTA V2
Minimum OTA 0
Target OTA 18446744073709551615
Devices 9
Device Kindle 5 Touch WiFi (0x11)
Device Kindle 5 Touch WiFi+3G (0x0F)
Device Kindle 5 Touch WiFi+3G Europe (0x10)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi (0x24)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G (0x1B)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Canada (0x1C)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Europe (0x1D)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Japan (0x1F)
Device Kindle PaperWhite WiFi+3G Brazil (0x20)
Critical 0
Padding Byte 0 (0x00)
MD5 Hash 51381465258de2bc5ebb85f474e06f7e
Metadata 7
Metastring PackageName=ScreenSavers
Metastring PackageVersion=0.25.N-r17657
Metastring PackageAuthor=NiLuJe
Metastring PackageMaintainer=NiLuJe
Metastring PackagedWith=KindleTool v1.6.5.214-g54736a4 built by portage@localhost on Gentoo
Metastring PackagedBy=niluje@tyrande
Metastring PackagedOn=2020-08-01 @ 01:36:59 UTC
Illegal instruction

Failed to extract package 'Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_touch_pw.bin' (linkss 0.25.N I K5), skipping . . .

but I think it was fixed after I reinstalled jailbreak because the error became the Integrity Check fail error.

Would appreciate any help! Hope my time spent finding nice wallpapers wasn't wasted
titanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #2845
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That vaguely look like the *very* first build I pushed yesterday.

It was *very* broken ^^.

The current build should only be *slightly* broken, but it mostly passed and worked on my PW2.

It's still broken on Kobo, though, so new stuff is currently baking, should be ready in a few hours.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:50 AM   #2846
titanick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That vaguely look like the *very* first build I pushed yesterday.
For the ScreenSaver hack? I actually went on to try installing Python 2.7 and LibrarianSync using MRPI yesterday but they both failed multiple times due to "Illegal Instruction". So I was actually wondering whether the error was due to the ScreenSaver hack or MRPI... I know this is slightly off-topic but did you also push a new build for MRPI?
Old 08-02-2020, 01:07 AM   #2847
titanick

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanick View Post
So I was actually wondering whether the error was due to the ScreenSaver hack or MRPI... I know this is slightly off-topic but did you also push a new build for MRPI?
Not sure why I can't edit my previous post, maybe it's a new member restriction. Anyway, I just saw your latest posts on the Tools Snapshots page so will wait for your new builds with anticipation
Old 08-22-2020, 04:37 AM   #2848
SK-Reg
SK-Reg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
What am I doing wrong, if every time I switch off the flight mode, I get the Amazon screensaver again?
SK-Reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:45 AM   #2849
SK-Reg
SK-Reg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK-Reg View Post
What am I doing wrong, if every time I switch off the flight mode, I get the Amazon screensaver again?
Is this part of the Special Offer topic?
Since the Kindle was a gift, I don't know if it was purchased with this option.
SK-Reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #2850
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK-Reg View Post
Is this part of the Special Offer topic?
Since the Kindle was a gift, I don't know if it was purchased with this option.
What does the sleep screen look like? If it looks like an advertisement, you have the special offers version. If so, you can remove the special offers option for $20 by signing in to amazon.com and going to the Manage Your Content and Devices page.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch