Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-16-2020, 05:19 AM   #1
blewbubbles
blewbubbles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 7
Sigil 1.2.0 Undo Issues

I've got Sigil 1.2.0 on Linux. Brilliant software. Just one question. I sometimes run into a situation where I need to undo an action, where Sigil undo (ctrl z) is unresponsive.

I find that undo works for individual text edits within a page, but any structural edits, and bulk find/replace edits, basically anything other than typed text within a page, wouldn't respond to undo. I have search the forum for clues, but couldn't find any, so please forgive me if I'm posting about a known issue.

I cannot tell weather this has got something to do with my build (from source), my system configuration, QT5, or what. Any help or advice will be great.

Thanks!
blewbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:36 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
No, the undo is only for manual typing changes in a CodeEditor Window and not for bulk tool based changes.

To save the entire state of the epub quickly, you can use the new Checkpoint functionality and then restore from it if needed.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Please note that Sigil 1.2.1 was released (source only) to specifically address checkpointing issues on Linux with Python < 3.8. I would advise building the 1.2.1 source. Especially if you run into issues with checkpointing.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:08 PM   #4
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewbubbles View Post
I find that undo works for individual text edits within a page, but any structural edits, and bulk find/replace edits, [...]
If you really need to do this, Calibre's Editor can undo huge Find/Replace steps.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:24 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
As can using Checkpoints ... which is why it was added.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:10 AM   #6
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
As can using Checkpoints ... which is why it was added.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:19 AM   #7
blewbubbles
blewbubbles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 7
Fantastic! @KevinH, thanks for the advice. I will investigate the checkpoint feature, which I haven't before. @DiapDealer I'm building Sigil 1.2.1 ASPAP. @Tex2002ans ditto on Calibre ebook-editor. These two run as a pack on my system.
blewbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Not sure what we can do to get PageEdit in more Linux repositories. It's in a lot of the Arch-based distros, as well as PCLOS and Mageia (and even FreeBSD ports). Perhaps we should ping the guy that does Sigil for Ubuntu/Debian?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote