Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #1
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PC/Tablet
Best return policies?

I'd like to try the H20 for a few days, and not lose money if I decide to return it. Is there any place I can do that?

A place that processes returns quickly and without hassle. Prefer if I can ship it back, but a B&M store is ok. Thanks.
Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:34 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What country are you in?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
storm9
storm9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Me too but with the Aura instead. I'm the US.
storm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the US.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately your options are limited. I don't think there are any B & M stores carrying Kobo's in the US. People seem to have best luck ordering via Chapters but I don't know how they handle try & return type scenarios.
Advert
Old 12-15-2014, 01:56 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wanting a free trial is not the same as needing to return a faulty device.

the more people demand the former, the less likely it is that stores will stock the device. why should they support a free lending service ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Chapters requires that Kobos be returned to a B&M store, even if bought online.

If your device is DEFECTIVE, then Kobo will replace it, even if you bought it elsewhere (but I think you have to pay to ship it back).

No one has a 'free to try' offer.

You might wait and see if Amazon starts carrying them (they do not at the present time).
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
storm9
storm9 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post

the more people demand the former, the less likely it is that stores will stock the device. why should they support a free lending service ?
I had never heard of Kobo before becoming interested in ereaders. Kindles and Nooks are readily available at stores in my area but Kobo products are not. I have heard that Kobo support is bad through the forums here. With all of that in mind, I probably won't buy a Kobo product if I can't return it for a refund after trying it for a few days.
storm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Kobo support is actually fine; just not to the same level as Amazon and Kindle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Fiend v1.2.14.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Additionally why not see if you can find another MobileRead user in your geographic area who has a Kobo and arrange to meet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Fiend v1.2.14.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:

I agree. Why should some company have to bear the expense of someone trying out and returning a product -- which now can not be sold as new? If the product does not perform as advertised or is defective, that is one thing ... but just to try it out? I don't get this.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
Techno
Enthusiast

In my case, I'll keep the H2O if I like it. I don't mean just try it for fun. I am pretty sure I'll like reading on the H2O better than on the Voyage or tablet so I'd keep it. I want the option to return it if I prefer the tablet or Voyage.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #13
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

to see what's wrong with your statements , read with these changes:

1. I'd like to try a Ferrari for a few days, and not lose money if I decide to return it. Is there any place I can do that?

2. In my case, I'll keep the Ferrari if I like it. I don't mean just try it for fun. I am pretty sure I'll like driving on the Ferrari better than on a Ford. or a Honda ... I want the option to return it if I prefer the Ford...
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #14
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
to see what's wrong with your statements , read with these changes:

1. I'd like to try a Ferrari for a few days, and not lose money if I decide to return it. Is there any place I can do that?

2. In my case, I'll keep the Ferrari if I like it. I don't mean just try it for fun. I am pretty sure I'll like driving on the Ferrari better than on a Ford. or a Honda ... I want the option to return it if I prefer the Ford...
Well, there are places that will rent you a Ferrari.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
In store only

Well you could test drive a Ferrari out of the parking lot but that's about it.

In Canada Future Shop, Best Buy and Staples all have the Kobo on display, not sure if Chapters does. But the only way you could test it out is in store only hang around for an hour trying it out before you buy.

The other option a lot of people do which I do not endorse is buy the product use it and then return it just because you don't like it.

There's usually a 30 day return policy and maybe a restocking fee. But a small price to pay when you've used a brand new product.
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote