Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-16-2023, 08:12 AM   #31
orontee
Connoisseur
orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.

Device: Vivlio Touch HD Plus
UPDATE - It has been released: https://github.com/orontee/taranis/releases/tag/v1.1.0!

A new release candidate is available for testing!

News features:
- Display daily forecast
- History of locations
- Government alerts

It can be downloaded from https://github.com/orontee/taranis/r...tag/v1.1.0-rc3.

Please, report problems and bugs in Github.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-daily-forecast.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	203778   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-hourly-forecast.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	203779  

Last edited by orontee; 09-16-2023 at 01:07 PM. Reason: To not polute thread, after app released add download URL
orontee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 09:59 AM   #32
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by orontee View Post
A new release candidate is available for testing
Tested and working well, many thanks! I've posted a couple more suggestions on Github.

It's shaping up to be a really nice app.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2023, 11:03 AM   #33
Kener
Kener began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3 (740)
Nice and Thanks
Works on Inkpad Color 2 (PB743C)
Kener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 07:40 AM   #34
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kener View Post
Nice and Thanks
Works on Inkpad Color 2 (PB743C)
Excuse me, but there isn't a thread for this device, how is it like? There are a few videos about it, but none showing its performance reading magazines or textbooks where you have to zoom parts of a page.

Altough it's snappier than first Color, it seems a little slow despite its new processor. I thought it'll be faster because its Linux
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 01:04 PM   #35
orontee
Connoisseur
orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.

A new release of taranis is available: v1.3.0!

Taranis brings local weather data on your PocketBook e-book reader.

https://github.com/orontee/taranis/releases/tag/v1.3.0

Among other niceties this version brings: Czech translations, persistence of weather data, offline support, favorite locations, bug fixes, etc.

Many thanks to neil_swann80 and vita56 for their feedback and contributions.
Advert
Old 10-17-2023, 11:47 AM   #36
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
Lovely app Thank you orontee!
I should have installed this last week when the weather was still so good :-)

Though my Col heads are 16:59, 17:59, 18:59 ....

this is hd3 U623.6.8.2102
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 11:41 PM   #37
orontee
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibat View Post

Thank you for the feedback!

About time, do you mean you have the same behaviour as described in https://github.com/orontee/taranis/issues/32 ?
Old 10-20-2023, 08:06 AM   #38
orontee
Connoisseur

A fix for wrong timestamps?

Quote:

@ibat Would you mind testing last pre-release? It's supposed to fix the problem, but since I failed to reproduce I need someone else confirmation...

https://github.com/orontee/taranis/r...tag/v1.5.0-rc0
Old 10-23-2023, 08:46 AM   #39
ibat
Fool

Quote:
@ibat Would you mind testing last pre-release? It's supposed to fix the problem, but since I failed to reproduce I need someone else confirmation...

https://github.com/orontee/taranis/r...tag/v1.5.0-rc0
Yes, the time col heads are better in this RC.
Though now I see a different issue. When the Units are set to "standard" they are in Kelvin. Setting them to metric fixed the issue.

Question: what are the % for?
Old 10-23-2023, 03:38 PM   #40
orontee
Connoisseur

Quote:
Yes, the time col heads are better in this RC.
Though now I see a different issue. When the Units are set to "standard" they are in Kelvin. Setting them to metric fixed the issue.

Question: what are the % for?
But Kelvin is the temperature unit of the International System of units! Maybe I should replace the label "Standard" by "SI" (already done in most translations, Czech and Polish if I remember well)...

Percentages are for humidity. Last pre-release also has wind direction (I am a bicycle rider).

Thank you for the feedback.
Old 10-24-2023, 04:29 AM   #41
ibat
Fool

Quote:
But Kelvin is the temperature unit of the International System of units! Maybe I should replace the label "Standard" by "SI" (already done in most translations, Czech and Polish if I remember well)...

Percentages are for humidity. Last pre-release also has wind direction (I am a bicycle rider).

Thank you for the feedback.
Yes, true, but it threw me off guard. What about displaying the unit like for instance in "293° K" only on the top temperature display? In the cols there seems to be too little space. Do you have a probability for the forecasts you can display? Yes I bike too a lot.
Old 10-25-2023, 03:00 PM   #42
orontee
Connoisseur

Quote:
Yes, true, but it threw me off guard. What about displaying the unit like for instance in "293° K" only on the top temperature display?
You mean the current temperature (the temperature at the time of the data update to be precise)? Good idea. But I am not sure that there will be enough space left for some long weather descriptions when the "alerts" icon is visible too. Let me think of it and make some tests. Thank you for the suggestion!

Quote:
(...) Do you have a probability for the forecasts you can display? Yes I bike too a lot.
The probability of precipitation is displayed as a percentage under precipitation by hour, be it rain or snow, on the right most column of the daily forecast view and in the precipitation histogram of the hourly forecast view.

AFAICT OpenWeather API doesn't return other probabilities.
Old 10-25-2023, 03:40 PM   #43
orontee
Connoisseur

A new release of taranis is available: v1.5.0!

As usual the latest release can be downloaded from Taranis website on Github.

This release brings few new features:
- Wind direction
- Hourly forecast has been expanded to 48 hours, labels have been added to identify which date are the displayed data about

Don't expect new versions in the near future since the backlog is almost empty and feedback tends to prove that the application is stable.

However new translations are welcomed!

Please report possible enhancement, bugs, etc. on Github.

Last edited by orontee; 10-25-2023 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Add screenshot
Old 11-16-2023, 10:22 AM   #44
ibat
Fool

I get a storm warning here in Vienna. On the top right a ! in a triangle, and when I click it says:
"Gusts of 70 kph are possible.
Start Friday 17 Nov 2023 08:59
duration 33h"
but if I scroll to Fr the winds listed are max 7 m/s. How can that be?

btw you show the wind speed in En when set to
standard in m/s
imperial in mi/h
metric in m/s <-- I would expect kph here
Old 11-17-2023, 03:54 AM   #45
orontee
Connoisseur

Hi ibat.

First thank you for your feedback!

I understand that what you saw is not intuitive but I checked the underlying data and nothing looks wrong. Let me explain.

Quote:
I get a storm warning here in Vienna.
I saw it too.

Quote:
On the top right a ! in a triangle, and when I click it says:
"Gusts of 70 kph are possible.
Start Friday 17 Nov 2023 08:59
duration 33h"
but if I scroll to Fr the winds listed are max 7 m/s. How can that be?

btw you show the wind speed in En when set to
standard in m/s
imperial in mi/h
metric in m/s <-- I would expect kph here
The alerts description is not generated by Taranis nor Openweathermap. It's source is explicitly credited and the description is displayed unchanged.There's no way to control the units used in that text, nor the language.

The hourly forecast data computed by Openweathermap contain values for wind gusts and speed ; I checked them and they're coherent with alert text and the displayed values.

(note that I requested data with metric units)

But note that Tatanis doesn't display the value for "wind gusts". One possible enhancement would be to display those values in place of wind speed when the value is greater. I created a Github issue to track this proposal. May be with italic font to make the distinction clear.

What do you think?

Replying to myself: I understand that my proposal is silly since wind gusts always have greater speed than the average hourly or daily speed... Intelligent people comment on the Github issue please...

Have a nice (windy) day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	283880130-2dc01135-c938-47f1-95bc-12d0d62a6b40.png
Views:	68
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	204771  

Last edited by orontee; 11-17-2023 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Replying to myself

Tags
pocketbook, software, weather