Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-07-2023, 04:16 PM   #16
orontee
Connoisseur
orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.

Device: Vivlio Touch HD Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Thanks a lot. It works fine on InkPad 4, but there are:
- some empty places every four hours or so;
- translation problem in description - "Bezchmurnie" (clear sky) is OK, but "Felt" is not in Polish;
- there are "strange" time periods like 17:59 instead of 18:00...
Sorry I can't reproduce, even after I changed the language of my reader to polish.

Does the problem of empty forecasts persists on your side? Even after you refreshed the data (first menu entry)? For other cities? With different language?

The other weird problem related to time display may come from Openweather since taranis only convert the timestamp of the forecast. Anyway I'll add code to round to the nearest exact hour.

Please, create issues in https://github.com/orontee/taranis/issues if the problem persist and you are willing to collaborate on debug.

And once again many thanks for your feedback
orontee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 04:23 PM   #17
orontee
Connoisseur
orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.

Quote:
Thanks a lot. It works fine on InkPad 4, but there are:
- translation problem in description - "Bezchmurnie" (clear sky) is OK, but "Felt" is not in Polish;
I realize that my answer to this wasn't clear: All translations (but the weather description) come from the application but I've only provided French and German (a very small subset of the possible messages). Help is welcome to translate to other language! There's no need to be a software developer for that.
Advert
Old 09-08-2023, 01:48 AM   #18
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by orontee View Post
I realize that my answer to this wasn't clear: All translations (but the weather description) come from the application but I've only provided French and German (a very small subset of the possible messages). Help is welcome to translate to other language! There's no need to be a software developer for that.
How can I help You with translation? If there is a list of terms, please do send it to me. I'll provide it in Polish: cyfranekblog at protonmail.com.

Last edited by Cyfranek; 09-08-2023 at 01:51 AM.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:16 AM   #19
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Sorry I can't reproduce, even after I changed the language of my reader to polish.

Does the problem of empty forecasts persists on your side? Even after you refreshed the data (first menu entry)? For other cities? With different language?

The other weird problem related to time display may come from Openweather since taranis only convert the timestamp of the forecast. Anyway I'll add code to round to the nearest exact hour.

Please, create issues in https://github.com/orontee/taranis/issues if the problem persist and you are willing to collaborate on debug.

And once again many thanks for your feedback
I'll create an issue. It seems to be related just to InkPad 4. Empty spaces are in other locations and other language versions of menu. There are no empty spaces on InkPad Color 2 (Polish menu, different locations). See attachements.
I'll chceck other models later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	taranis_InkPad_Color_2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	203639   Click image for larger version

Name:	taranis_InkPad_4.jpg
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	203640  
Old 09-08-2023, 12:11 PM   #20
Cyfranek
Groupie

Quote:

It looks much better on PocketBook Touch HD 3 (firmware 6.7.17.06) - no empty places, time is OK. So software version or screen size is the factor.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	taranis_05.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	203649  
Advert
Old 09-08-2023, 12:57 PM   #21
orontee
Connoisseur

Quote:
I'll create an issue. It seems to be related just to InkPad 4. (...)
Ok. Can you post the software version used on this reader?

Also, if you have a terminal running on this hardware, can you post the output of a call to `locale`?

Old 09-09-2023, 02:48 AM   #22
Cyfranek
Groupie

Quote:
Ok. Can you post the software version used on this reader?

Also, if you have a terminal running on this hardware, can you post the output of a call to `locale`?

I haven't got terminal on this ereader. Software version is 6.8.1719.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:13 AM   #23
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
FYI... I'm getting a "Failure while fetching weather data" message today. No problem with connectivity, I'm able to conduct a web search via the browser. Tried a reboot, also tried the very latest pre-release version of the Taranis app, same error.

Let me know if you would like any logs.

EDIT - Ignore. Somehow my device time had become very out of sync and was causing certificate errors.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 09-10-2023 at 01:59 AM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 05:44 AM   #24
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I created a couple of icons for the Taranis app so it matched my app menu.

Icons attached with a preview.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	apps.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	203684  
Attached Files
File Type: zip icons.zip (16.5 KB, 104 views)
Old 09-11-2023, 12:02 PM   #25
Cyfranek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post

EDIT - Ignore. Somehow my device time had become very out of sync and was causing certificate errors.
What about clock now? Does it work in your ereader?
Old 09-11-2023, 02:26 PM   #26
neil_swann80

Quote:
What about clock now? Does it work in your ereader?
Yep, clock has be fine since. I'm not sure what caused the time to be so far off, it was out by 40 minutes.
Old 09-12-2023, 02:38 AM   #27
Cyfranek
Groupie

Good. I've asked because clock in my InkPad 4 stop working at all. It was able to update time only during e-reader synchronization. And it happend a day after installation of Taranis. If you have the same problem, it could be connected. But if everything is OK, nice.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:55 PM   #28
orontee
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
I created a couple of icons for the Taranis app so it matched my app menu.

Icons attached with a preview.
Thanks.

If I understand well, you know how to set the icon of a user application. Am I right? Do you have any pointer for that?
Old 09-12-2023, 11:37 PM   #29
neil_swann80

Quote:
If I understand well, you know how to set the icon of a user application. Am I right? Do you have any pointer for that?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=355521&page=3
Page 3, Post #33

Essentially you modify: /mnt/ext/system/config/desktop/view.json

My last post on page 4 has an attachment of some icons and the changed view.json file.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 09-13-2023 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:29 AM   #30
neil_swann80

@orontee

I've been attempting to rebuild yuryfdr's "Pi Editor" to make it look a little nicer on my device. I've found that it uses some widgets from another one of his repositories "PBTK"

I think you may find some of the widgets useful (if you've not seen them before).

https://github.com/yuryfdr/pbtk

Tags
pocketbook, software, weather