Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #31
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast
Huwaetzel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by wold View Post

I'm curious It are probably highlights edited with the note app. IIRC, those loose their location data. So that's another bug (AKA "you're holding using it wrong"). Easy to solve as well.
I am still not sure about the page numbers. I have not done any modification via the notes editor.

As you probably know, the export does not yet manage the columns in the same way as in the application itself, e.g. columns missing.

I tested all versions for the different Operating Systems. All are working for me.
Huwaetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:12 PM   #32
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwaetzel View Post
I am still not sure about the page numbers. I have not done any modification via the notes editor.
Odd. In any case, if the highlight is edited (not the note) using the notes editor, the page location is removed (AFAIK).
Any chance these highlight/notes were made with older/5.x firmware? If so the format could be different.

Quote:
As you probably know, the export does not yet manage the columns in the same way as in the application itself, e.g. columns missing.
Let me test that. You don't mean the sort-mode (as you mention columns), but either the CSV export is incomplete (that's correct), or a user-hidden column should be excluded in the export?

BTW, I'll try roll a beta for you soon, but the upcoming week is a busy/odd one for me. Second half of July things stop, so plenty of time then

Quote:
I tested all versions for the different Operating Systems. All are working for me.
Thanks!
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2022, 01:16 AM   #33
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast

Quote:
Any chance these highlight/notes were made with older/5.x firmware? If so the format could be different.
This could easily be. They have been done definitely not with the latest firmware and my PB741. So let's close this for now. It will be pretty difficult to find out looking backward.

Thanks for the explanation.
Old 07-04-2022, 01:26 AM   #34
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast

Quote:
but either the CSV export is incomplete (that's correct),

Thanks!
Right. I was expecting to get the same columns as I arranged in the APP itself e.g. having the creation date displayed
Old 07-05-2022, 02:03 AM   #35
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Quote:
This could easily be. They have been done definitely not with the latest firmware and my PB741. So let's close this for now. It will be pretty difficult to find out looking backward.

Thanks for the explanation.
It can wait, yes, but I'm interested in the SQL data. Assuming it is the cause, I didn't anticipate mixed data formats in one DB, though thinking about it...
Advert
Old 07-05-2022, 02:05 PM   #36
wold
Zealot

0.9.9 beta

Attached is a beta with reworked TXT and CSV exports. Both now include color info, and CSV additional fields.
Todos are many: HTML colors, and localizing the datestrings, amongst others.

The export strings are now generated using replacement variables, eventually allowing user set strings. But that's still far away.

Last edited by wold; 07-23-2022 at 01:36 PM. Reason: removed attached beta
Old 07-21-2022, 12:03 PM   #37
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
I'm using Fedora, do you have the sources available so I can build them myself?
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:07 AM   #38
wold
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I'm using Fedora, do you have the sources available so I can build them myself?
No, not yet, but I can compile a version. Is Fedora 35 OK?
Old 07-22-2022, 10:09 AM   #39
wold
Zealot

And v0.9.9's out for windows and linux debian
HTML color export was added, even the 'raw SQL exporter', see release info for more info:

- Downloads: https://www.syncoda.nl/software/avater/#downloads

- Release info: https://www.syncoda.nl/posts/2022/avater-release-0-9-9/
Old 07-22-2022, 12:47 PM   #40
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, not yet, but I can compile a version. Is Fedora 35 OK?
Sure, that's fine.
Old 07-23-2022, 04:57 AM   #41
wold
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Sure, that's fine.
Recompiling on Fedora was a breeze, but building a RPM will take some time.
Until then, you can try the attached binary.
It should run if its dependencies are met. The help docs will be missing (those are on the site btw), and possibly the alt-tab icon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fedora35-about.png
Views:	114
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	195247

One dependency will have to be installed manually: libzip
And optionally qt5-qtbase and libudev (but if udev is missing you'd better stop), but that should be all.
Should the icons be missing, try installing "qt5-qtsvg". Else it may look like this:

Name:	fedora35_issues.png
Views:	113
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	195242

There's also some minor UI things (i.e. settings) that will need fixing...

Last edited by wold; 10-20-2022 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added udev + svg remark
Old 07-23-2022, 09:35 AM   #42
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast

Hi wold,

with your new version, which is working fine on my end, I opened my testbook again and found that all page numbers are set to 1 (see screenshot) Using the Pocketbook reader or also the viewer app they are still at the right page.

I used your new debug feature with the SQL raw export, thanks for that , to create a log file (see .txt attachment)

There is nothing wrong with Avater, but the database entry for the page number may not be the right one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AVATER_2022-07-23.png
Views:	106
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	195261  
Attached Files
File Type: txt avater_debug.txt (18.3 KB, 106 views)
Old 07-23-2022, 01:35 PM   #43
wold
Zealot

Quote:
Hi wold,

with your new version, which is working fine on my end, I opened my testbook again and found that all page numbers are set to 1 (see screenshot) Using the Pocketbook reader or also the viewer app they are still at the right page.

I used your new debug feature with the SQL raw export, thanks for that , to create a log file (see .txt attachment)

There is nothing wrong with Avater, but the database entry for the page number may not be the right one.
Thanks, and yeah, those rows seem to use a (older?) reduced data format.

For tag 101 the "anchor" field is missing, which avater uses to get the page, offset and location from.

Code:
15:03:28 Info: "788: 788 | 787 | 4 | 0 | 1656754282 | 74D7B0C5-57D2-5469-8CDF-C63CAC6E9C40 | 14328 | 788 | 101 | {\n   \"created\" : 1654358266,\n   \"updated\" : \"2022-06-04T15:58:24Z\"\n}\n | 1654358306"  ||  11

# expected example:
19:02:58 Info: "8: 8 | 5 | 4 | 0 | 1613764943 | 52910225-37BA-51F5-B144-AB98A277929C | 206 | 8 | 101 | {\"anchor\":\"pbr:/page?page=17&offs=991#epubcfi(/6/14!/4/2/2/2/2/6/14/5:59)\",\"created\":1613764943} | 1613764943"  ||  11
With that missing, the only location info we get is with tag 104, and that's just the epubcfi, no page/offset. There's a chance the debug might be incomplete But it should be pretty thorough, getting all rows and columns for a given note ID (can't hurt to check).

For now, any idea why these are different? The testfile worked earlier, or did you create a new one with the 'faulty' data?
Are these regular epub files?
Do they perhaps have page info already stored inside?
Old 07-24-2022, 12:32 PM   #44
rantanplan
Guru

Quote:
Recompiling on Fedora was a breeze, but building a RPM will take some time.
Until then, you can try the attached binary.
It should run if its dependencies are met. The help docs will be missing (those are on the site btw), and possibly the alt-tab icon.
It seems to work, thank you!
Old 07-29-2022, 07:16 AM   #45
wold
Zealot

Linux only update to 0.9.9.1 is attached.

Missing page numbers are now handled.
Fixed are some UI layout issues and Fedora debug logging, nothing fancy.
No need to test BTW. This will get rolled into 0.9.10.

Last edited by wold; 10-20-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Tags
annotations, pocketbook