Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-01-2015, 12:02 AM   #61
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
I highly doubt the 8-inch version is eink. The two-way stand that B&N already sells is for the Samsung tablet and is meant to view a tablet in landscape. Per Nate's links on his site, the accessories listed for the new nook are two-way cover stands.
Agreed. But it would be nice of the larger model were also an ereader.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #62
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Agreed, at a minimum, I'm getting their new 6 inch reader. I like B&N and want to support their business.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #63
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
The only way I'd be interested in it is if they did away with their restriction on how much memory is used for side loaded content--or at a minimum at least added back a micro sd slot.

Still it's probably too late for me--I have a Kindle Voyage and a Kobo Aura HD and I really like both of them. B&N would have to come out with something pretty great to make me want to add another reader to my collection.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:17 PM   #64
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Agreed. But it would be nice of the larger model were also an ereader.
Yes, an 8 inch e-ink would be unique. I'd be sorely tempted.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #65
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
Agreed, at a minimum, I'm getting their new 6 inch reader. I like B&N and want to support their business.
Unfortunately they no longer want any business outside the U.S. so the rest of us have no choice now after being unceremoniously dumped by B&N. One day they may dump their U.S. users as well so remember that and at least try and back up your purchases if you can.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2015, 05:11 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If they do offer an 8 inch, I'll grab one. I want B&N to hang around. Hopefully this will give them the momentum they need.
If B&N partitions the memory yet again, I would tell everyone not to buy this new nook.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:57 PM   #67
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If B&N partitions the memory yet again, I would tell everyone not to buy this new nook.
It will be interesting to see if they have learned from any of their mistakes.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #68
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
It appears the 8" device will be a Samsung Tab S 2 8.0. I currently have a Samsung Tab S so I won't have any interest but I have been totally satisfied with the Tab S so for those looking for a tablet with impressive hardware specs and an 8" screen - it should be nice.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #69
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
It appears the 8" device will be a Samsung Tab S 2 8.0. I currently have a Samsung Tab S so I won't have any interest but I have been totally satisfied with the Tab S so for those looking for a tablet with impressive hardware specs and an 8" screen - it should be nice.
It figures. That's the one with the 4:3 aspect ratio, right? I've been waiting for it to be released. Can't wait to get one, as I prefer that for reading. Don't know about the BN branding. Perhaps I'll just wait for general availability. After using my Tab S, it's hard to go back to the iPad Air. Maybe the Air 3 will bring increased resolution which is long overdue.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:27 PM   #70
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see the Tab S2 (8 inch) will be available tomorrow, everywhere, for $399. Wonder what BN is selling it for. Hard to believe they'll be able to push this, in significant quantity, at that price.

Update: Best Buy
"Get the Galaxy Tab S2 8" for $299.99 or the 9.7" for $399.99 after $100 trade-in bonus when you trade in any working tablet."

Darn, I don't have any old tablets laying around.

Last edited by SCION; 09-02-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:22 PM   #71
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Any S2 that Sammy makes for B&N will be stripped-down, spec-wise, so that B&N can sell it at a lower price. And the S2 is already a slight step back from the Tab S as it is. Look at B&N's current Sammy offerings. Not bad for the price, but hardly the spec leaders!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:33 PM   #72
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Probably not. That's a $435 tablet, making it a hard sell for B&N.

As I pointed out in my post, it's much more likely that B&N will be selling the $240 Galaxy A 8.0. It came out in May, so it's still kinda new, and it's cheaper.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:38 PM   #73
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Probably not. That's a $435 tablet, making it a hard sell for B&N.

As I pointed out in my post, it's much more likely that B&N will be selling the $240 Galaxy A 8.0. It came out in May, so it's still kinda new, and it's cheaper.
Hhmmm, 160 ppi on such a small screen. Definitely not a pleasure to read on. Guess it's better than 132 ppi on the 9.7 inch Tab A.

Last edited by SCION; 09-02-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:06 AM   #74
SCION
Séduisant

No sign of the new devices on the website.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #75
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
No sign of the new devices on the website.
The press release just arrived. it's the S2.

Tags
eink, ereader, nook