Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
HarryHutton
Connoisseur
HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Samsung Note 10.1, Nook Simple Touch, M92
PDF Reader Discussion / Large format document viewer e-reader

I need to read PDF's a lot, seen a lot of posts about pdf readers and was wondering how many people are the same.

I read journal articles, reference documents, lecture notes, and digital textbooks (I'm an engineering undergraduate). All of these tend to be from an LCD screen, although sometimes I just print notes and carry them (I dislike reading from LCD).

What sort of large format documents you read, and why?

So far there has been posts from attorneys who need to read scanned documents, other students needing to read lecture notes, leisure readers who prefer the original formatting of the text and illustration, and people wishing to view diagrams and graphs.
HarryHutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I do a lot of reading on my Fujitsu Stylistic ST-4121 --- while it's an LCD, it's a daylight-viewable ``transflective'' LCD which I find far more comfortable than a ``normal'' LCD.

Mostly I read technical publications (manuals for (La)TeX, &c.), though I do have the old Dragon Magazine Archive loaded on a compact flash card for when I'm feeling retro / nostalgic.

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I read mainly academic papers and occasional magazine. Oh and comic books.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote