Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Does Calibre supports the collection feature of the new Kindle?

I'm considering buying the new Kindle DX (Among others). I want to know if Calibre supports the collection feature of the new Kindle DX, because if not, it's another point against it .

Dave
(who found out that it is much more fun researching a new reader than actually buying one)

Last edited by Dave Berk; 08-22-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think the answer is no.

As I understand it from other forum posts, the reason is Calibre cannot get access to the files that control the collections as the files are not exposed over the USB link. I am sure that if a way could be found around this the support would rapidly materialise.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I think the answer is no.

As I understand it from other forum posts, the reason is Calibre cannot get access to the files that control the collections as the files are not exposed over the USB link. I am sure that if a way could be found around this the support would rapidly materialise.
Thanks. I'll keep hoping, then .
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Look at the other forum for Kindle Collection Manager that AColegate is working on. It isn't integrated with Calibre (though someone with the right skills could probably stick it in as a plug in or something). Currently in beta and works on pdf and mobi files (usually sideloaded), Adrian is working on adding azw, azw1 and tpz file support at the moment.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle dxg