Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
AmishSexy
AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Red face $40 Barnes and Noble giftcard for equal value Amazon giftcard

I got the card as a gift from someone unaware that I can't use B&N's epubs on my kindle. Hopefully someone has a similar problem and needs to get rid of an amazon giftcard
AmishSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
LET THIS BE A WARNING NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

This poster has very few posts.

It is advisable that Members establish a relationship with the seller before potentially parting with any money - assuming the item is still available.

We are not impugning an OP's character, but Members have been burnt by unscrupulous scoundrels in the past.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
AmishSexy
AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AmishSexy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
LET THIS BE A WARNING NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

This poster has very few posts.

It is advisable that Members establish a relationship with the seller before potentially parting with any money - assuming the item is still available.

We are not impugning an OP's character, but Members have been burnt by unscrupulous scoundrels in the past.

Don
(Moderator)
This is very true, I think I may try to trade again in a few months time when I am more established on these forums.

In case anyone is still interested:

I'd be more than happy to take a photo of the card and any requested text to prove that it is actually in my possession.

If only I could accrue interest on my giftcard
AmishSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishSexy View Post
If only I could accrue interest on my giftcard
Yeah, if only.

If a business goes bankrupt, giftcards are treated as unsecured loans. So if they're loans, we oughta get interest, right? But instead, they hit us with "service charges" for not using the giftcard after some period of time (exactly what "service" is required by a giftcard sitting in a drawer while the issuing store gets the benefit of that unsecured loan, anyway?) until they evaporate to nothing.

Giftcards are a major racket. Not that I turn down the bookstore giftcards that my in-laws send me on my birthday, mind you (though I end up getting pbooks with them, for DRM reasons ... hmmm, I wonder if Smashwords could do something along those lines?) but they are, legally, a loan to the store, and one that if you wait long enough, the store never has to repay.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote