Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
suzy
suzy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony psp 300
Which Sony 300 jacket?

Hi. I'm looking for a lightweight yet protective case for my Sony pocket reader. I bought the Sony version with the built-in light, but it adds quite a bit of weight to the product...particularly when in my purse. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks - Suzy
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #2
suzy
suzy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony psp 300
Anyone?
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #3
dcross9818
Enthusiast
dcross9818 doesn't litterdcross9818 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-350, Kobo Aura, Kindle PW2, Voyage (broke), Oasis
If you're throwing it in your purse, I'd have to go with the case logic zipper case.

Borders has it on clearance for 50% off here

When I'm home, I have mine in the leather sony case, but if I leave the house it has to be in the hard shell case.

Other than that, the M-Edge cases look nice, but I have never personally seen them.

---dcross9818
dcross9818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I have one of the M-Edge leather cases for my 505. I love it. It feels ... booky. The only problem is that now I need a case case to protect the leather! I stole my netbook's padded sleeve (the netbook has a sturdy case of its own anyway!) and I use that to protect the PRS when I'm putting it and its case into something where it might get damaged.

I'd trust anything from Case Logic. Probably 3/4 of my potentially breakable stuff is in their cases, and I've never had a problem. Something like this case is what you're looking for.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #5
lemonade
lemonade is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-300
Leather case

I bought this cheap leather case via ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Leather-Ca...item2eacbe4250

I wasn't expecting much due to the cheap price but I've been using it every day for several months now and am very happy with it.
lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 05:21 AM   #6
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Suzy, if you are in the USA I am not sure my recommendations are available, however for my 300 I have a leather case from Ultimate Addons (a bit like the Tuff-Luv Leather case on Amazon, with the built in stand, but less than half the price). The built in stand is surprisingly useful - good for resting on my desk at work when reading at lunch-time.

I also have an Ultimate Addons hard case (a bit like the Armor case, but again half the price). The 300 in its leather case fits perfectly in to the hard case for carrying round in my courier bag.

Two cases may seem like overkill, but I killed the screen on my 505 whilst carrying it in my bag, so I prefer over caution to dead screen despair.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
churchmouse - is it this one:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-EVA-ARMO...-/350307878965

As I'm looking for something to put over the Sony 'book' style cover, so I can pop it in my handbag. I had a BookArmor one for my Elonex and it was great (a little larger than this, I assume, as my Elonex was a 6" reader).
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Looks like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
churchmouse - is it this one:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-EVA-ARMO...-/350307878965

As I'm looking for something to put over the Sony 'book' style cover, so I can pop it in my handbag. I had a BookArmor one for my Elonex and it was great (a little larger than this, I assume, as my Elonex was a 6" reader).
That looks like very much like the one I am using for carrying my 300 around.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
Teddman
Addict
Teddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
I recommend the plain black official Sony 300 cover (without light). It fits like a glove and is sturdy enough to protect the reader during normal use.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...y_PRS_300.html
Teddman is offline   Reply With Quote