Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-24-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
wurliuchi
wurliuchi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cover icon in Kindle library

This refers to my personal local use, not books from Amazon.

ePubs saved in Sigil and then exported as mobi files from KP3 have a dark gray generic icon in my kindle library.

But if the ePub was exported from InDesign, the icon is the cover of the book.

Is there some settings I can make in Sigil to set the cover as the book's icon?

Thanks!
wurliuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I'm not familiar with the whole conversion to kindle aspect, but just need to make sure that you have identified the image and the html page as your cover. Just right-click on the image and html file in the file browser and select it as the cover or add semantics and select cover for the html file.

Good luck!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2017, 10:09 PM   #3
wurliuchi
wurliuchi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks. Yes. I've done all that, and the cover is there when I open the book. It's just not the icon for the book in the library. Like I said, if I attach the cover during the InDesign export it is used as the icon, but not when I attach the cover in Sigil. Thanks again.
wurliuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Please post a copy of your Sigil content.opf here (open it in Sigil and copy the text to the clipboard) and we can verify if the proper cover-image metadata and cover guide items (semantics) are present and if not explain how to add them using Sigil
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Doesn't this occur because Kindle doesn't show thumbnails for Sideloaded books? I definitely remember this bring brought up over the past few years:

Thumbnails On Kindle Paperwhite

.mobi-Books don't show Cover-Thumbnail when sent to personal documents service

Book cover display problem

I think if you use Calibre to push the book onto your device, Calibre has a very specific way of adding it to the Kindle so it treats it as a "Book" instead of a "Personal Document". This should allow you to see the covers just as if you bought the MOBI/KF8 from Amazon.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 07-25-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cover, generic, gray, grey, icon