Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Missed touches from home page, then double touch (v2.3.1)

Just started noticing this with 2.3.1 firmware. When I select the book I want to read on the home page, nothing happens. When I select a second time, it reacts as if I had touched it twice - i.e. it opens the book, then turns the page immediately.

Also, it has started showing the wrong cover again. I thought that problem had gone away

It's been a while since the last update - so I was wondering if 2.32 is worth trying in the meanwhile. - problem is, with the warning about some touches needing glo firmware - I don't know which firmware to try. S'pose I will just have to wait...
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I think the tap on the home screen just takes a loooong time to process. I've seen another thread about it. Have you tried tapping once and just waiting?

Yep cover bug is back, but it's a different one. Instead of always showing the cover of the previous book, it sometimes doesn't register that you've started a new book (the bookmarks aren't correctly placed or something). It sometimes helps to get to the next chapter, or to switch cover display off and then on again, or to restart; the solution is different for everyone. I'm not sure it's gone in 2.3.2. I haven't seen it (I'm using 2.3.2), but I also haven't been reading multiple books.

2.3.2 is worth trying for the faster home-screen-to-book and book-to-home-screen; it also fixes the tiny fonts at the beginning of a new chapter. There's not much else it fixes though.

If you've had a Touch for a long time, so, from before the Glo came out, you're safe to assume you use the Touch firmware I think.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert